Yoga mat for padding and tote question. - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz
 



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-14-2019   #11
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by seantana View Post
I use a pair of these for food boxes, and they've held up great to getting chucked onto boats and beaches for years. 4 latches, foam gasket, pretty damn tough and keep things dry. I don't have Ziplock brand, but they're essentially identical.


https://www.target.com/p/ziploc-26-5...x/-/A-53099601


Edit - Amazon has them in a few sizes under 12" high https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MWTJWXS...ing=UTF8&psc=1
PERFECT! My bay is 41 inches wide and 18 or so deep, 12 high. I could fit 2 of these in there and they would fit like a glove! Drop them in a drop bag and I am golden.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A3FSJTXQSJEKQS

SERE Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-14-2019   #12
 
90Duck's Avatar
 
Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1992
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 402
I just came across this intriguing line of boxes on another forum.

https://www.roamadventureco.com/coll...14929248256046

I don't know that they have the specific size the OP is after, but they look like they could have some white water applications. They are marketed toward overlanding, but I thought they were intriguing and worth posting here since I had never seen or heard of them before.
__________________
Show me your OOOOOO face
90Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019   #13
 
MT4Runner's Avatar
 
Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by seantana View Post
I use a pair of these for food boxes, and they've held up great to getting chucked onto boats and beaches for years. 4 latches, foam gasket, pretty damn tough and keep things dry. I don't have Ziplock brand, but they're essentially identical.

https://www.target.com/p/ziploc-26-5...x/-/A-53099601
I've been using a latched plastic hanging file box like that for my car camping stuff. It's roughly 12" x 18" inside, and about 12" high. Has a foam gasket.


I wouldn't trust it in a flip, but I do trust it to leave out in the Lochsa rain overnight.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-14-2019   #14
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Duck View Post
I just came across this intriguing line of boxes on another forum.

https://www.roamadventureco.com/coll...14929248256046

I don't know that they have the specific size the OP is after, but they look like they could have some white water applications. They are marketed toward overlanding, but I thought they were intriguing and worth posting here since I had never seen or heard of them before.
Very cool. That 95 would be perfect if my boat was wider!
SERE Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019   #15
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERE Nate View Post
PERFECT! My bay is 41 inches wide and 18 or so deep, 12 high. I could fit 2 of these in there and they would fit like a glove! Drop them in a drop bag and I am golden.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A3FSJTXQSJEKQS
If anyone else orders these, its $48 for 2, or $52 for 4.
SERE Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019   #16
 
MT4Runner's Avatar
 
Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,275
Most of the cost is shipping air!!
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019   #17
 
Calgary, Alberta
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Duck View Post
I just came across this intriguing line of boxes on another forum.

https://www.roamadventureco.com/coll...14929248256046

I don't know that they have the specific size the OP is after, but they look like they could have some white water applications. They are marketed toward overlanding, but I thought they were intriguing and worth posting here since I had never seen or heard of them before.
Those are very cool... Looks basically like a good cooler but without the insulation.

And way cheaper than a dry box.
cupido76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019   #18
 
Calgary, Alberta
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERE Nate View Post
I agree this pad will be fine.

I have used contact cement to attach foam to wood (and ammo cans) with great success.
cupido76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019   #19
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 80
Finally getting the frame together. I got a medium drop box from Jan and the 2 ziplock boxes fit perfectly! They seem like they will last for a while and the good news is that I have 2 backup ones just in case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190411_111105_1555003275926.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	33801  
SERE Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019   #20
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 80
Getting closer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190413_230412_1555218847811.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	33831  
SERE Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Drybox peel and stick padding readNrun Rafting | Gear Talk 8 07-24-2017 04:19 PM
Poor Man's CGear Sand Mat altaholics Rafting | Gear Talk 2 06-28-2017 11:51 PM
giving away an free Largo tote from Watershed whitewaterporn Commercial Posts 0 01-16-2013 11:57 AM

» Classified Ads
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.