Yeti IPO

Exclusive: Yeti Coolers hires banks for IPO - sources | Reuters

Plecoptera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2016   #2

Rivertown, West Virginia
Paddling Since: 9:45
It is good to know that in ten years yeti has become a billion dollar company. Makes you wonder how much they are overcharging people for the coolers.
Old 01-19-2016   #3

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis catman View Post
It is good to know that in ten years yeti has become a billion dollar company. Makes you wonder how much they are overcharging people for the coolers.
two thumbs up... Goes right along with the add I heard from H&R block last night that said they were giving $1000 to a 1000 people every day... Nothing like out right announcing that you charge way too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2016   #4

Tent City, Liquid State
Paddling Since: 1990
Heard it through the grapevine (someone who works for Yeti), so take it with a grain of salt: Yeti's massive profits have likely been coming from investments, other projects and private contributions not just coolers. Seems unlikely that they could sell enough expensive, long lasting coolers to turn that kind of profit. So, hold your judgement until doing further research. Which I don't care enough to do.
Maxident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016   #5

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxident View Post
Heard it through the grapevine (someone who works for Yeti), so take it with a grain of salt: Yeti's massive profits have likely been coming from investments, other projects and private contributions not just coolers. Seems unlikely that they could sell enough expensive, long lasting coolers to turn that kind of profit. So, hold your judgement until doing further research. Which I don't care enough to do.
I think I'd question the grapevine a bit too. I'd bet they make a fair number of pennies on their coolers. Probably even more on hats, so people can act like they can afford one of their coolers.
Old 01-19-2016   #6

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhaven View Post
I think I'd question the grapevine a bit too. I'd bet they make a fair number of pennies on their coolers. Probably even more on hats, so people can act like they can afford one of their coolers.
Or their stainless steel insulated koozies, like my wife got me for Christmas so she could say she bought me a yeti...
Grifgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016   #7

Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifgav View Post
Or their stainless steel insulated koozies, like my wife got me for Christmas so she could say she bought me a yeti...
They've also got tumblers (20oz, 32oz, and a cocktail one) and a line of bottles coming out this year. They're cashing in on the Hydroflask/double wall insulated boom. It's the next progression from when non-outdoorsy types discovered Nalgenes back in the late 90s-early2000s.

That said, I have a few of their stainless pieces, and they're legit, albeit spendy af (gogo wholesale discount). I also saw that Engel is jumping into the stainless cup market, and Orca has a version as well.
seantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016   #8
Misspellingintothefuture!

Tabernash, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Bet I can make my cheap- ass coleman, outlast a yuppy cooler that's been left uncovered In the sun!
Old 01-19-2016   #9

Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Drinking ice cold beers and cocktails the last five days of our July 2nd Grand trip (16 day trip plus two for the drive) this year out of my Yeti 160... priceless. Hope they make a billion more.
Sleepless is offline   Reply With Quote