Yeti Colster - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-05-2016   #1
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Yeti Colster

I know a lot of you have bought the Colster. I've been tempted myself. However, I feel there is something better out there. I don't know if I've actually seen it or if I imagined it. I am searching for a stainless steel double walled coozie that will also work as my morning coffee mug, break-down camp mimosa mug, rig the raft Bloody cup, launching beer coozie, hot afternoon and the other raft made margaritas cup, yes I want a Moscow Mule, set up cocktail cup, try my friend's beer mug, evening gin and tonic highball glass.

Does such a thing exist? Does the Colster serve this purpose, or do you lose the screw-on ring midday while wishing it wasn't threaded around the top?

Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2016   #2

DC, Washington, D.C.
Paddling Since: 2012
Contigo makes a double walled stainless "Party cup". I bet it would meet all but the fully functional coozie requirement.

They also make one hell of a coffee mug, the autoseal.
WolfgangStCroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016   #3

Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 1992
I have multiple Yeti SS pieces, the Colster is multi purpose and can be used for damn near anything other than cooking, but if you're the type to lose the ring, then you're probably SOL. Yeti also has their double walled lowball, which is a little wider than the colster and doesn't have a threaded top. But Yeti = yuppie shit around here, apparently, so any of the other Chinesium double walled cups will do the same thing, probably.
seantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2016   #4

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2013
The Colster is the best thing to happen to my life. First off, you can buy the replacement rings for the top. But, if you are at risk of losing it that means you are not using it right. The plastic ring should only be off the coozie for the the five seconds it takes to remove the empty can and replace it with a full one. Yeti may be "yuppie shit" and it is hard to justify 30 bucks on a coozie, but if your significant other doesn't know to get you one then you need to reconsider your relationship.
almortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016   #5

Hydro flask also offers up a nice double wall stainless option. Doesn't fit the coozie criteria though.
brokenpaddlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016   #6

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by almortal View Post
The Colster is the best thing to happen to my life. First off, you can buy the replacement rings for the top. But, if you are at risk of losing it that means you are not using it right. The plastic ring should only be off the coozie for the the five seconds it takes to remove the empty can and replace it with a full one. Yeti may be "yuppie shit" and it is hard to justify 30 bucks on a coozie, but if your significant other doesn't know to get you one then you need to reconsider your relationship.
My wife got me one for Christmas...just so she could say she bought me a yeti. Not even mad though.
Grifgav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016   #7

Flagstaff, Arizona
Love my Colster. I just clip my ring to my rig bag when I transfer to beach/cocktail mode!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
NorthernAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016   #8
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernAZ View Post
Love my Colster. I just clip my ring to my rig bag when I transfer to beach/cocktail mode!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

So, you say it works well in cocktail mode? I can probably get used to clipping the ring. I guess I dreamt up the version without a removable ring.

Sent from this thingy using Mountain Buzz
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016   #9

Charleston, West Virginny
Paddling Since: 1996
I have one that would work exactly like that. It's a coozie, but the rubber ring is on the outside only, so you could fill it up and drink out of it if you wanted to...not sure if I've ever seen the brand on it...not even sure where it came from.

If I remember, I'll look at it and get back to you here, if it has any info.
2kanzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016   #10
Old Guy in a PFD

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1967
Real boatmen use Sierra cups for everything.

Yuppie boatpeople use;
Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote