Mountain Buzz banner

who has the Aire 156R on craigslist?

Tags
aire
3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  NoCo 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Something about white Aire boats that don't sell.... it took almost a year for someone to finally make a reasonable offer and purchase my white 136DD.

Part of me says they should drop the price...but the other part of me says wait for the right deal to come around.

Still...an 8-9 year old boat, even a well kept one, seems like it should be less then that. Mine was a 2017 boat and had 7 years left on the warranty... and I took a bigger hit percentage wise then what is being asked for that 156r.

Definitely better then

#6 ·
I'm with ya... I bought both of my Aire's during a 15% off sale. Outside of a pro-deal that is the best deal I've found. Got the first one from Outdoorplay and the second from 4crs. Sold the 136DD for about $1000 less then I paid for it new... and felt like that was a good price to pay for a couple years of solid use out of the boat.

I kind of wonder what the 156R cost in 2012... probably pretty close to what that guy is asking now. Sounds like he also got plenty of use out of it.

I know when I sold mine...it was to a point where I needed to sell it for a certain amount otherwise it wasn't worth selling to me. I was getting ready to put the 146DD up sale instead since... but happy with how it went down. If I had known how hard it was gonna be to sell the 136DD...I probably would have just kept it instead of upgrading.

God I'm bored.

#9 ·
I'd like to see the "Worst Deals Out There" thread resurrected with 2020 nominations. Starting to see an uptick of postings even on here that cite retail or an assurance of value to justify their absurd price. As to me its irksome and sorta idiotic to try hustling a community that actually knows what gear is worth.

***News Flash***
Nobody is interested in your used and rental-ragged raft/sh!tter/dropbag/raft/table/oars/etc for a minor discount. We all also know what that stuff costs new, so spare us all the indignation of pretending to be doing a favor in selling it. Especially when we can probably get it new and for a comparable price if are patient or pay attention to the sales from legit outfitters like NRS (currently a 20% off sale) or DRE (next weekend). Used boats are a major buyers market, so anybody who says otherwise is only a huckster.

Besides, I like buying stuff from reputable companies to show my support for them, maybe also even getting a manufacturer warrantee depending on the item, thus deny all the money-grubbing middlemen out there any such satisfaction. Kind of bummed out about all the cancelled Boat Swaps though, as its pretty cool to see all the folks bringing in their good deals and steals against the laughable fools that haul in their heaps expecting top dollar. Wah Wah, try again next year old 80s Avon.

#12 ·
Notice where the guy selling the splash top, pump and pfd is from....Vail.

Eagle county folks, and Vail in particular, have been asking absurd prices for stuff for decades. Have a look through the Vail Daily car classifieds if you really want to laugh. I've never understood why stuff is so expensive there....you can drive two hours in either direction on I70 and find realistic prices. Just because you live in a town with excessively high cost of living doesn't mean you can ask absurd prices. That was my home town since birth...and I moved away as a teenager and never looked back. Fun to visit or roll through and enjoy every once in a while...but never wanna live there again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.