Where to buy 1" Tubular PolyPro Webbing... - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-16-2017   #1

Portland, Oregon
Where to buy 1" Tubular PolyPro Webbing...

Folks, looking to change my chicken line to tubular webbing. I can find nylon webbing pretty much anywhere --- where do I find polypro? not looking for anything exotic, just red and blue.

Will get nylon if no other option but seems for rafting application, polypro has distinct advantages.

PDX Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2017   #2

Central Point, Oregon
Try us cargo control.
Whitewater Worthy Equip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017   #3

Tigard, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1995
Pretty sure Andy & Bax has it in bulk. Just right of the stairs before you go downstairs.
TriBri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2017   #4

utah county, Utah
Paddling Since: 1983
I have had excellent experiences with www.Strapworks.com for several years. my only affiliation is as a satsified customer.

royal
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017   #5

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Two thumbs up for strapworks.com
I got custom print straps for my entire raft from them, plus a custom print tubular webbing for the perimeter line. Lots of choices in size, material, colors & prints.
Old 04-16-2017   #6
Jared

Dundee, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1989
I tried tubular webbing as a perimeter line, and I didn't like it. I'd get it nice and taught when it was dry, and I knotted it at every D-ring. It would get wet, and it grew so much that it would have a 6 inch droop in the long stretch down the side. I'd go to strap works and custom order a couple loop straps in your choice of width, color, buckle, and material. I ordered a super deluxe raft kit from them 3 seasons ago and I have been very happy with the product.
Old 04-17-2017   #7

Willi..., Willimina, OR
Paddling Since: 68
EBAY
Old 04-17-2017   #8

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Learch View Post
I tried tubular webbing as a perimeter line, and I didn't like it. I'd get it nice and taught when it was dry, and I knotted it at every D-ring. It would get wet, and it grew so much that it would have a 6 inch droop in the long stretch down the side.
You can always get it wet before install, inflate your boat about 2/3-3/4 full put the line on tight and then finish inflating, it'll be tight.
jonseim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017   #9

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
www.knotandrope.com

I've found them to have great customer service.

edit: looks like their webbing is nylon
Fumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017   #10

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Learch View Post
I tried tubular webbing as a perimeter line, and I didn't like it. I'd get it nice and taught when it was dry, and I knotted it at every D-ring. It would get wet, and it grew so much that it would have a 6 inch droop in the long stretch down the side. I'd go to strap works and custom order a couple loop straps in your choice of width, color, buckle, and material. I ordered a super deluxe raft kit from them 3 seasons ago and I have been very happy with the product.
I didn't get a kit per say, but I did get the loop straps to use with mine so I can tighten the line easily. My perimeter webbing is flat polyester, not nylon. Use poly or poly-pro only, never nylon. Nylon stretches when wet.