What do you think about this deal? - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-03-2015   #1

Eugene, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1996
What do you think about this deal?

I'm looking for my boat and can't afford a new Sotar so am searching Craigslist and the like for a deal. I found this 1997 NRS Expedition 14' self bailer - Wenatchee, WA, USA - Mountain Buzz Gear Swap
on the gear swap page. What do you all think? Pretty old boat. Is it worth it?

Voodoo003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2015   #2

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
The floor was replaced - that sounds like a pretty good deal. $1200 bucks for a hypalon self bailer is something that does not pop up very often.

Those NRS expedition boats are built to last well over 20 years - this boat likely still has a long life ahead of it
cschmidt1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015   #3
Misspellingintothefuture!

Tabernash, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Ya. That looks like a good deal to me, Nrs e series boats tend to last a long time, even with years of comercial use, 1200 is a good price if it checks out when you look it over.
Couldn't hurt to check the baffles when you inflate it, was the floor replaced cause of a bad wrap and having to cut it out?( hurting baffles) Or just worn out/ bad rip?
I would probly buy it though, dig the mid boat d-rings and extra foot cups/ new floor is nice!
Couldn't be happier with my ex commercial 14' expedition.
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2015   #4
Misspellingintothefuture!

Tabernash, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I think my boat was made about that time also, maybe a few years before, so many things these days are not built like they used to be.
Old 08-04-2015   #5

Charleston, West Virginny
Paddling Since: 1996
The floor repaced, extra d-rings, footcups and sounds like they upgraded the thwarts to the BAT system rather than lacing....sounds lto me like the boat was likely maintained well. One thwart is flat-ish in pic but maybe it just wasn't pumped up?

Not a bad deal I'd say. If it were me I'd probably start @ $900 and try to get the boat for a little less. BUT lots of people pay alot more for less boat.

Check the baffles, valve boots and bottom of the boat as it is used commercially but if all else looks good....
2kanzam is offline   Reply With Quote