What do you all think about these...wwwsaturnrafts.com

Saturn Rafts - Wholesale Supplier

Saturn Rafts - Wholesale Supplier

tande140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2008   #2

Lakewood, Colorado
Methinks Saturn spams this forum as an advertising strategy.
mjpowhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008   #3

No! I'm a student from Salt Lake, looking to buy my first raft. I agree that Saturn could do this, but I'm not affiliated.

Troy from Salt Lake
tande140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2008   #4

Lakewood, Colorado
In that case, accept my aplogies and see the four threads on the bottom of this page which are eerily similar to yours.
mjpowhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008   #5

boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
A buddy of mine bought a saturn canyon I think its a 13ft+ at just under 1200 bucks it seems to be a reasonable deal so far although it took them forever to ship the boat it was at least 3 weeks late. The first time he blew it up one of the valves fell apart. We took it to a repair shop in salida and the guy told us they were cheapo valves and we would have to patch in a new one. After contacting saturn he found out that they simply twist apart , and saturn sent him a new one. Since then I have noticed similar valves on aire tributary rafts and on a few hysides. So It seems like he got a reasonable deal on a boat, but it wont last 20 plus years like some more expensive ones do.
davecosnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #6

boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 99
2009 Saturn Whitewater Rafts - Saturn Raft Reviews

Hi Guys,

No spoofing here, just straightforward promotion. Check out our new 2009 models of our saturn river rafts. We've made alot of upgrades based on your input in the past few years including;
  • Removable Thwarts Standard in All Models
  • Pressure Relief Valve Standard in Floor of All Models
  • Removed Interior Rope Line and Attachments
  • Lowered Exterior Handles
  • Added More D-Rings on Every Raft
If you're looking for a new raft please take a look at our products at www.saturnrafts.com or give us a call at (20559-5449.

Cody Janson
SaturnRafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009   #7

Games with names........

Guy, in the interest of your business, you really ought to either--get control of the URL Saturnrafts OR just drop the name. Pay the supplier an extra few $$ to change the name plate. Call em somthing entirely different. How much can it possible be to create a new nameplate like "RMCO" rafts. What the hell that means--I dunno but you get the idea. You're gonna forever be losing due to the association with the name Saturn--people will reflexivly go to saturn.com or whatever it is.

Oh and while you're at it, convince them to start heat welding their rafts.

By the time you do all this, you'll sell a million of them!

As a side note, its gonna be nice in like 3-5 years when these self bailing Saturn rafts are selling for like $500 used. Wrapped--oh well, f**k it--leave it!! HAhahaha
rafterman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009   #8

Also, you want another improvement? Get rid of those straps for footholds and get some proper footcones! Those straps look downright dangerous. I cant imagine having my foot stuck sideways in one of them while underwater--they look a hazard. Any problems thus far with foot entrapment?
rafterman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009   #9
Sponsoring Vendors

Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
No problems with the straps that I know of but it is certainly high on the list of things to change. Thanks for your input!
RMrafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009   #10

Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
I got a new 15' raft from RM Rafts this spring and so far the customer service has been great. Hopefully the boats are as good. I am planning on doing ruby/horsethief this weekend. I will be running it with a homemade custom oar frame (translation - cheap), and I hope to work out most of the kinks this weekend. I also plan on taking out to Deso and San Juan ina few weeks. I will post my review of it early next week. If you see us on the river, feel free to swing by and take a look...
muttster is offline   Reply With Quote