Mountain Buzz banner

Wet Butt!

4K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Quiggle 
#1 ·
If you are getting bored due to the global funk, perhaps you can enlighten me on a way to avoid my passengers from getting uncomfortable wet butt from sitting on a paco pad on the front of my boat. I know, it’s a river and there will be water, however I wonder if there is something that people use that helps drain the water away so my passenger doesn’t sit in a pool of water on the pad. We just did a cooler weather trip and she would have really liked sitting above the water. I’m thinking about a pad that can drain. Any ideas?

Stay healthy

Tda

#6 ·
I'm planning to strap our CGear sand mat down on top of the table instead of a Paco this summer. Hoping it will still be good padding with fewer soppy rear ends. I always worry the Paco seat may get ripped away if I were to get chundered in a hole. The CGear mat has a bunch of rings that could help hold it in place. Haven't tried it yet and the outlook for getting on the water is grim.

#8 ·
Exactly this, spent the $100 on a tush Cush and haven’t looked back. Tried several different approaches, for me as. Ugh as the wet butt, I was sick of my paco pad covering my side raises so I couldn’t set my beer there. I will admit, seemed pretty silly to spend a hundo on this, but it solved the problem for me.

#10 ·
I read a review on the purple mat that said it did not like being left in hot sun. Does anyone know if it is a water proof type of rubber or absorbent foam type?
I row a dory with a rope seat, butt will dry fast if wet (good air flow)

#11 ·
Ah. The “in-between” times. Not hot enough to dry out, a little to cold to enjoy it. My passengers sit on paco pads, so we keep a towel out to dry off a little, run drier lines, or wear a drysuit or splash pants. Or rain bottoms. It all just depends. The sand free mat stated above sounds like a great idea!

God we’re all getting pretty bored huh? I just repainted ammo cans and cleaned the garage.

#12 ·
How thick is your paco pad? A 1.5” paco pad will pool a lot less water than thicker pacos. The length of the pad can change things for the better as well. You can custom order a small pad from Jack’s plastic welding. Those are 52” long and will catch less water when the wave hits than the 72”.

#19 ·
I was also sick of the wet butt paco situation. After my first grand trip and the pads they had on cooler that minimized the situation I was sold. I custom made some for my cooler and dry box and they work great. they are very similar to the ones whitewater worthy makes. They snugly fit on my box and cooler so they don't flop off when I open them. I used closed cell foam and topped them with vinyl coated nylon, like a motor boat seat and the bottom is mess so they drain and dry. I don't think I could ever sit on a paco pad again.

#20 ·
Do you have any pictures of what you made? Sounds exactly what I’m looking for. I also thought of using a floating lily pad for at the lake and cutting a few strips off to size for my passenger seats. Trying to find someone giving one away that is torn and not good for lake time use. Had to be closed cell or it’d sink when 8 bodies were on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.