Wanted! 14ft. Hyside or comparable self bailing raft. - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting > Rafting | Gear Talk

Old 03-15-2012   #1

Beckley, West Virginia
Paddling Since: 1988
Wanted! 14ft. Hyside or comparable self bailing raft.

Looking for a raft in good condition. Self bailers only. Oars and frame a plus.

rogvandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012   #2

Carpinteria, California
Did you find a raft? I have one that is about 13 foot 10 inches and relatively narrow. 3 thwarts and 7 foot straps. It was used as a paddle raft on the Forks of the Kern (continuous class V) and then by me for several years. it is not real pretty but the lacing on the floor was professionally redone, valves gone thru professionally.. i added some grab handles for portages. it handles nice. It's a blue Hyside self bailer. I also have paddles pFd's, etc.
xjgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012   #3

Bakersfield, California
Paddling Since: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjgary
Did you find a raft? I have one that is about 13 foot 10 inches and relatively narrow. 3 thwarts and 7 foot straps. It was used as a paddle raft on the Forks of the Kern (continuous class V) and then by me for several years. it is not real pretty but the lacing on the floor was professionally redone, valves gone thru professionally.. i added some grab handles for portages. it handles nice. It's a blue Hyside self bailer. I also have paddles pFd's, etc.
I'm on the kern I would be interested how much u asking for it ?
Rushing661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012   #4

Carpinteria, California
Hyside self bailer

I was thinking along the lines of $1200, but i do want to move it as i'm 63 now and into airplanes and not rafting, so it just takes up space. I also have a bucket boat of the same size with only 2 thwarts i'd like to sell also. but it's PVC and has been professionally patched. I used it for many years on the lower kern and it did great and handles like a sports car--when there is no water in it! We'd just spot ever now and then and dump it. That one is really pretty, and it would be cheap. I'm taking off for a week in just a few minutes, but maybe in a few weeks i could haul this stuff out to the kern and you could look at it and see what you think. if there is still water flowing we could even make a run and test it. My cell # is 805.636.7784. I'm in Carpinteria. Gary
Old 07-12-2012   #5

Carpinteria, California
Hyside 14 foot self-bailer for sale

I'm back in town now. If you are interested in the raftlet's talk price. i want to make space in my garage. i could make you a good price on the boat and PVD's, barrel pump, etc.