Walmart soft side - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-26-2017   #1

Saratoga, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2013
Walmart soft side

Hey everyone, just saw one of these at Walmart and was wondering if anyone has given them a shot. It looks decent enough in person. Reviews on their website are alright, with the biggest complaint being that some of them leak some water so folks are using ice packs. Any thoughts?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tra...ooler/52620406

Sent from my XT1060 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

bray1720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2017   #2
Paddling in to the Future

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
I have two of them... I bought them back in November though, so I don't know how they perform in hot weather... I filled them with water, and neither leaked. over all I'm happy with them so far. I've just taken some beer to a couple of parties though.
Old 02-27-2017   #3

Saratoga, Wyoming
Good to know. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2017   #4

Denver, Colorado
I bought one yesterday for $44, going to fill it up tonight and dump it around. For $44, hard to beat if it holds ice and cold for a day or two
jonseim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017   #5

Saratoga, Wyoming
Nice. Update when you find out please. Trying to decide whether to just grab one or two of these or use the fact that we'll soon be needing to store and transport breast milk as an excuse to convince the wife we need an rtic

Old 03-04-2017   #6

Denver, Colorado
The zipper isn't close to waterproof, so not sure what's supposed to be waterproof. I filled it up and tiped on its back. Water poured out of the zipper, when I pressed on the side, air and water escaped as well. It looks rather splash proof, but it's far from waterproof. The lining is one piece and I assume it's waterproof.
The fabric between the outside and inside is now wet after tipping it over on its side and letting less than half of the water drain. Both the lid and the sides are wet. The seam at the top where the outside and inside linings join is not watertight and therfore able to let water in. I don't suspect it will evaporate very fast.
Probably going to return it and realize that to get it right, it may cost more.
Let me know if you've got more questions.
jonseim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017   #7
Paddling in to the Future

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
yeah, i don't think it was expected to be water proof... (you turn it upside down and liquid is going to come out) the two I have.. I filled them with water and set them on a carpet in the garage. no water leaked from them sitting that position. so you can fill them with ice and set them on your buddy's living room floor and it's not going to make a mess.. but if you put your PBJ in there with an ice pack and toss it in your raft... there's a good chance you'll have a soggy sandwich if you're playing in some splashy water. - but for the price.. it's darn good. right up there with the RTIC coolers or similar design (I don't think their zippers are waterproof either) but their price is almost double.
Old 03-04-2017   #8

Saratoga, Wyoming
Thanks for the input guys. I can handle the lack of waterproof zippers for my purposes but don't like the idea of the water getting between layers of material, which was the biggest complaint on Walmart's site as well. Think I'll use the baby to my advantage in arguing for an RTIC