Utah whitewater gear - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-01-2017   #1

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 2008
Utah whitewater gear

Just a heads up. If you live in or near the wasatch front, Utah whitewatergear is fully stocked with good stuff. Rather than online ordering, you can see the gear for real. If you need something for the next trip, check that place out. They have much much more than I expected.

I have zero interest in the business, nor do I know the owners. I'm just stoked they are providing this resource and want to see them last.

Tda

tanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2017   #2

Salt Lake City, Utah
+1 on Utah Whitewater Gear. I've been going there since they opened. Great guys and they are getting more gear in stock all the time. Limited hours. I think they are only open on Friday, Saturday and maybe Monday?
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017   #3

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
UWG rocks. Anthony & Clinton are great. Super helpful and their shop has just about anything you need. They usually have a gear swap sometime in April. I haven't seen any info on it yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2017   #4

., .
Gear Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
UWG rocks. Anthony & Clinton are great. Super helpful and their shop has just about anything you need. They usually have a gear swap sometime in April. I haven't seen any info on it yet.
I believe they stopped doing the swap after the last one in 2015. Are they doing it again this year?

FYI, there is a river & outdoor gear swap next weekend in Cottonwood Heights:

https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...9-a-69594.html
riverdoghenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017   #5

Sandy, Utah
They had the swap last year. I was there and sold a few things. They'll probably have it again this year.
Old 04-02-2017   #6

Salt Lake City, Utah
I've got two thwarts from my 156R I will be selling at the swap. I'll probably never use it as a paddle rig so I don't really have any use for the thwarts.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017   #7

Willi..., Willimina, OR
Paddling Since: 68
Don't Part with Thwarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
I've got two thwarts from my 156R I will be selling at the swap. I'll probably never use it as a paddle rig so I don't really have any use for the thwarts.
Re: Thwarts Don't sell the thwarts. You can turn them into tiny little CataRaft that you paddle around with a kayak paddle. In fact, UWG can supply you with all the parts, fitting and pipe to accomplish the task.
A 156R set of two thwarts has enough floatation to support a beer swilling rafter down class threes.... if said rafter prone to adventure. Hint...put a skid plate under the butt.
Old 04-03-2017   #8

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 2010
thwarts are also great for fixing a wooden boat on the beach, roll it up on the thwarts...or on the side of the highway when a trailer fails...as i learned on I-70..
UTMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017   #9

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1998
The date for the Utah Whitewater Swap is April 22nd.
Anybody got a 50-90 lbs kid's PFD they want to sell me for my son?
altaholics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017   #10

Sandy, Utah
Sweet. Thanks for passing that along.