Tributary 14- Roto Cooler Recommendations?
New to the forum and have been really loving the amount of information to wade through. I've been researching coolers quite a bit, but can't seem to pin down the right direction to head in (man, lots of unintended puns already). I recently picked up a Trib 14 with a Bighorn II frame and I'm trying to decide on what roto cooler I should go with.
Internal width for the raft is 42", tubes diameter is 20", and center depth is 13.75". Let's assume, for the sake of the thread, that cost is not a factor in the decision. Here's what I've been looking at:
- Engel 123 (108 qt.). Length= 39" bottom; 41.5" top. Height= 18.25"
- Canyon Prospector 103 (103 qt.). Length= 37.5". Height= 18.56" (13.75" below frame mount")
- Yeti 125 (109 qt.). Length= 38 5/8" bottom; 40" top. Height= 20"
- RTIC 145 (145 qt). Length= 40 1/8" bottom; 41 5/8" top. Height= 20 7/8"
- Engel 123 may be the best fit for the raft, and it requires the narrowest bay width (16 3/4"). I think it would stick 4-5" out of the frame, leaving 11-13" to the floor. I've heard the latches can have issues.
- Canyon Prospector 103 is the smallest capacity, but has some nice features (crossbar mounts; straps below the lid; front drain; sliding bottom instead of rubber feet, etc.). It's the narrowest length of the 4 coolers, leaving plenty of room between the tubes (but likely not too much to have the cooler moving around). The lid looks the most unpleasant to sit on without a Paco or other padding. It's also the least aesthetically pleasing in my opinion, but that's not a big deal.
- RTIC 145 as the capacity is much higher than the other coolers, although I'm concerned it may be too long and/or stick up too high out of the frame. (current drybox height is 4" above the frame for comparison). I assume RTIC and Yeti require about 5" above the frame, which would leave 13-14" below the frame to floor. Maybe a bit tight, so then you're looking at 6-7" out of the frame, which is too high for what I'm going for.
- Yeti 125 raises the same questions regarding whether it's going to be too deep and/or stick out of frame too much in order to compensate.
Any opinons on these coolers as well as how they'll fit given the boat specs would be appreciated.