Trailer roller recommendations?? - Mountain Buzz

Old 1 Week Ago   #1

Trailer roller recommendations??

Looking for recommendations on roller(s) that can be purchased online and easily bolted to a wood deck. Finding several conveyer roller options but not sure how well they might work for a raft trailer. Not finding anything specifically made for raft trailers from trailer supply sites either. Any comments on what works and what doesn't would be very much appreciated...

mtngirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #2

Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 1996
Been using Generic Tool Store conveyor rollers for 4 years I believe. I dont ever try to dunk them in the river and they are protected from the elements by my raft for the most part. YMMV but I regularly push or pull a heavily framed and loaded 16' RMR (check the "heavy" box here) over them. use at least three of them and it makes it easy enough to pull the boat up straight.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...BoC_H4QAvD_BwE
Jamesdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3

Loveland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2015
This is all you need:
Roller Conveyors and Conveyor Roller Replacement Parts For Sale - Ashland Conveyor
wack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #4

Thanks!! These ones from Northern Tool specifically were my first choice so good to know they work well for you. Very helpful, thanks again!!
mtngirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
Beater

Salt Lake City, Utah
Welded eye bolts w/conveyor rollers are strong enough to support my 16' raft during loading/unloading, the eye bolts I bought were rated for 400 lbs each. The conveyor rollers are removable for transport and dunking the trailer as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180603_135537796_HDR.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	46745  
Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6

Eagle, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft View Post
Welded eye bolts w/conveyor rollers are strong enough to support my 16' raft during loading/unloading, the eye bolts I bought were rated for 400 lbs each. The conveyor rollers are removable for transport and dunking the trailer as well.
How long are those rollers?
jpurkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
Beater

Salt Lake City, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurkiss View Post
How long are those rollers?

The trailer deck is 8' wide so they are probably 4', I know I ordered them from Grainger but don't remember the exact size. The trailer design allowed me to position the eye bolts vertically, some trailers won't have that option...
Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #8

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
While not a fancy as your typical rollers, I welded together some angle iron and 1" bar w/ a PVC tuber over it. I've been using it for about 5 years. It definitely reduces the drag.
thaGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #9

What kind of Ashland Rollers did you end up getting or recommend....bunch of different styles.

Thanks
scottdaleschreiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #10

Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1987
Been using Generic Tool Store conveyor rollers for 4 years I believe. I dont ever try to dunk them in the river and they are protected from the elements by my raft for the most part. YMMV but I regularly push or pull a heavily framed and loaded 16' RMR (check the "heavy" box here) over them. use at least three of them and it makes it easy enough to pull the boat up straight.

+1 for the Ironton Roller and Bracket. I put three across the back of my trailer, and now can load and unload my boat MUCH easier. If the boat is unloaded except for the frame, it only takes one other person.