Tent to put on NRS E-160 - Mountain Buzz

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1

Phoenix, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2000
Tent to put on NRS E-160

I'm looking for some suggestios on the best tent to buy to put on my 16' NRS. We love sleeping on the boat but if it rains too hard the blue tarp as a cover doesn't always work; in the hard rain we are forced to tent camp on the shore. The bimini top is not enough. I've been looking at a few floorless tent options: Apollo 3P Tarp, Black Diamond Mega Light Shelter & Sierra Designs Mountain Guide Tarp. I was hoping everyone could share their experience in this area. Thank you in advance!

mandsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2

Cottonwood, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1980
I have had good experiences with the Black Diamond 'mids on 16' and 18' boats rigged in the PRO Grand Canyon fashion, with a solid floor in the footwell, decks, and hatch covers.
AZJefe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2013
Black Diamond Mega.
The other two are five sided. Search the forum for "Black diamond tents" and you will see tons of pics of setups.
almortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I got a Seek Outside, Silex, for my 14’, for one person, but still haven’t had time to set it up on my raft yet. It is a fly only, set up on trekking poles, and has NO zipper! They make a 2 Pierson model, as well, maybe take a look at it? 4 sided tent, it might work out. One of these days I will have time for a set up, and let y’all know.