System 6 Repair Kit? - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-03-2013   #1

Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 2004
System 6 Repair Kit?

I have a 14ft Hyside Rio Bravo raft that needs a little TLC. After nearly a decade of use, it's showing signs of wear. I 303 it in a regular basis and store it indoors during the winter. My main concern is the outer floor but it also needs wearpads in the rear. The fishing seat sits on two seams. I'm looking into the System 6 urathane coating for hypalon rafts for the floor and the MoR's brush on wearpads. Has anyone used these kits? Thanks!

Porterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013   #2

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Bomber Stuff

System 6 is bomber stuff. We ordered and applied it ourselves on all of our commercial fleet boats, about 22 boats in all, this past winter. After one season of use the bottoms of these boats are in great shape (as in no tears, or threads showing). I would recommend this stuff to anybody that wants to prolong the life of their rafts or tubes. The only down side that we found was the cure time. Let me know if you have any other questions about this.

Thanks
Old 09-04-2013   #3

Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 2004
Thanks! I've done more research and Hyside recommends Gaco hypolan paint. Any idea which product works better?
Porterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2013   #4

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
My Opinion

In my opinion I think that System 6 works a lot better. This being said it is a newer product (about 5 years) so it does not have the time stamp of approval. I have a boat that the whole floor was coated with it and will send you some pics when I get to work today and you can see for yourself the durability. What I have found after a few years Gaco will harden and start to flake especially on our commercial boats.