Stickers on PVC - Mountain Buzz

Old 4 Days Ago   #1

Stickers on PVC

Hello all,

First time raft owner and need some advice. Here in PA we are required to display "Launch Permits" to use any state access points on the rivers. They are 3"x"3 stickers that need to be displayed on each side. Any advice on how to mount to a PVC raft? I'd like to just stick them on but am concerned they won't stay stuck. I know I could hang a mounting plate from the frame but that's just one more thing for fly line to get tangled on so i'd like to avoid if possible

Timbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Days Ago   #2
..is doing the damn thing

Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Stick it to the frame?
ACheateaux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #3

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
I'd go to the boat launch to see what other people are doing.

Does it have to be on the boat itself or can you adhere to thigh bars, dry box, cooler etc?

Somewhere on here there are pictures of how people rig hull numbers and registration to run a motor in Utah, it was pretty slick but I forget how they did it.
Fly By Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Days Ago   #4

Thanks guys for the suggestions. PA has very few rafters and their placement guidelines don't address inflatables. I'll slap it on the frame or cooler and plead ignorance if anyone questions it.
Old 4 Days Ago   #5

salmon, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2004
We have to display an Idaho invasive species sticker. I put mine on my frame, and have had no issues. on my smaller boat that i also use as a paddle raft I put it on a cattle ear tag and either clip or zip tie it to a D-ring.
codycleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #6

Fort Collins
I have some pieces of sheet aluminum that I cut to be just larger than the stickers. I drilled a hole in the corner that fits a small carabiner, and then I can just clip it to something easily. I use this for duckies, sometimes it is clipped to the bag they are stored in, on the river, I clip them to the carry handles.

My buddy with raft puts them on his frame.
Old 3 Days Ago   #7

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by codycleve View Post
We have to display an Idaho invasive species sticker. I put mine on my frame, and have had no issues. on my smaller boat that i also use as a paddle raft I put it on a cattle ear tag and either clip or zip tie it to a D-ring.
^^
Cattle ear tags seem to be the best solution. Professional-looking, no sharp corners, yet stiff enough to retain the tag for a season.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #8

Cattle ear tags it is! Thanks, everyone for the suggestions