Star Slice - Broken Zipper help! - Mountain Buzz

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1

Star Slice - Broken Zipper help!

We purchased a Slice on 04-11-2016 with a 7 year warranty. However, now that NRS has bought Star I have been told my warranty is no longer valid. The issue I am having is that the zipper has broke on one of the pouches and there really isn't anyone local who does repairs. I was hoping maybe someone could help me out...I was wondering if there was somewhere I could source parts to attempt the repair myself. (NRS said they do not have parts available for the repair). The zipper car has come off and in my attempt to put it back on it broke. I guess what I would need is to know where I could get a replacement zipper car and perhaps advice on how to get it installed without breaking it again. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

lancasterje is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2

Redding, California
I have an Outcast Pontoon boat that a "friend" dragged down the road upside down that broke the zipper car. It was actually a pretty easy fix once I found the right sized Zipper Car at Sailright. It was $1.30 plus shipping, part number 120863 a Size #10.

My zipper was also damaged, so I had to sew it partially shut where it was damaged near the tip, but it's perfectly functional, albeit a little uglier than it used to be. Good Luck!
jreising326 is offline   Reply With Quote