Sportrail trailers - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-19-2016   #1

Minturn, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Sportrail trailers

Anybody in the Denver area own one or have any experience with sport trail trailers? Strongly considering one, but the price seems a little high for a no frills flat deck with a roller and winch.... All the gear pile is missing now is a trailer, and I don't want to be left at the ramp rolling or unrolling my raft yet another season.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

Sherpa9543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2016   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Pricey yes but I can't weld and don't have the time to fix up an older trailer etc. It works great for its intended purpose which you would expect from something designed to just haul a raft. For me it was easier to pay the extra cost for the convenience of showing up and hauling the trailer off and being ready to run to the river an hour later. I haven't regretted the purchase for a minute and I'm confident that I can sell that trailer anytime in the next 5 years for a few hundred less than what I paid for it. The things tend to hold their value...
theusualsuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016   #3

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
I have one and it is solid! I have put several thousand miles on it. Bought it from the hitchin post Trailers and Tractors for Sale, Lake George, Colorado : Hitchin Post - New and Used Trailer Dealer
A buddy of mine uses his commercially and is happy with it as well. Very glad I didn't get a snowmobile trailer. My 2 cents.
Fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2017   #4

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
I went to Hitchin Post as mentioned above and just purchased a 7x12 low pro sportrailer. It is bomber...wishing I just would have spent the money years ago. The people at the Hitchin Post are great to work with !

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz
STD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017   #5

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 70s
I have a Sporttrail utility trailer that I enclosed and put a flat top and winch on myself...sturdy and fine so far....google Sportrailer and the guy/builder is now in Loveland...repacked my Bearings and replace a light for $75 very helpful....Chet
CROE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017   #6

Loveland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
I have one that I really like. Just watch the tires. They aren't the best and mine needed replacing after only a couple seasons of moderate use.

"do unto others downstream as you would have those upstream do unto you" ...plagiarized....
thank you Nessy!!
John_in_Loveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017   #7
Definite maybe

Weld county, Colorado
Paddling Since: 0001
Any mechanic can repack your bearings, or you can do it yourself it's not hard. As for tires, for me it depends on where and how I drive. Let's face it we all sometimes drive fast down roads with our trailers bouncing behind us, that kills tires. You don't need a specific brand just a good solid built trailer and how long it last will be up to you. If you take care of it it will last
Old 06-26-2017   #8

Edwards, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
I have a galvanized one going on its third season and it has been a great trailer. I ended up getting mine in Denver at All American Trailers - | We are The Trailer Pros!
Managan is offline   Reply With Quote