Sotar Spring Sale? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-21-2015   #1

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1966
Sotar Spring Sale?

Apparently, based on an email from them in response to my asking, the Spring Sale is on (or at least was on as of about a week ago). So, apparently the sale is "unadvertised," in that it is not on their website as is typical. Anybody have any intel about what's going on with that? (Or is my memory shot and they only posted their Fall Sale?)

johnovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2015   #2

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
I called about a week ago and they told me that they will have a sale this year, but it will be nothing like previous years. I was surprised, the salesman was actually telling me that they weren't going to have a very good sale.

I missed the sale last spring, and was actually planning on buying something from them this year until he told me that. Unfortunately for me I can only afford a Sotar if it is a great sale like last spring. That is just me and I'm sure they're current sale will be good enough for most. Oh well, back to the swap.
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015   #3

seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 90
As the proud owner of three sotars,I'll give you some insight. They cater to high end boaters who are looking for the best raft on the river,not the cheapest. They're booked out so far right now they have no reason to accommodate a poverty rafter. Aire,dre ,hyside ,nrs and rmr make budget boats that I would suggest. While they aren't pretty they still float. A few of my friends have went this route while they saved up for a sotar. We all gotta start somewhere.
bucketboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2015   #4

the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketboater View Post
As the proud owner of three sotars,I'll give you some insight. They cater to high end boaters who are looking for the best raft on the river,not the cheapest. They're booked out so far right now they have no reason to accommodate a poverty rafter. Aire,dre ,hyside ,nrs and rmr make budget boats that I would suggest. While they aren't pretty they still float. A few of my friends have went this route while they saved up for a sotar. We all gotta start somewhere.
This is probably the most insightful post I have ever seen on the buzz.
Old 04-21-2015   #5

Vail, CO
Paddling Since: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketboater View Post
Don't feed the troll.
Old 04-21-2015   #6

Montrose, Colorado, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
Sotar reps can also get good deals on boats. I would recommend calling Sotar back and getting the contact information for Ted Day and Neil Nikirk. These two guys often have new boats or slightly used demo tubes you can buy at a cut rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
dgoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015   #7

Portland, Oregon
Everything in the store including boats is 10% off right now

PDX Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015   #8

Meadow Vista, California
Paddling Since: 1997
I left a message with one of the techs and he called me back the next day. I was interested in the valves I have. Gave him the serial number on the boat and he had all the specs, bought back in 1997. I don't think we are going to be able to squeeze this family of 5 into a 12' another year. Saving for another Sotar is a priority.
sunburned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015   #9

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Duck View Post
Everything in the store including boats is 10% off right now

I was about to order some Sawyer shafts based on the 10% off sale, but I was then told it was 10% off Sawyer's list not 10% off the (lower) prices on the Sotar site -- oh well -- no go.
johnovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015   #10

Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
You can reach Ted Day at Payette River Equipment. The website is Payette River Equipment which lists a phone number and his email address. Contact Ted and he will fix you up with a good deal on rubber and a great frame if needed. He has done right by me on multiple purchases over the years.
Ever_Cat is online now   Reply With Quote