small table for light weight multi day IK trips - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-07-2017   #1
Shapp

the grove, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1986
small table for light weight multi day IK trips

I am looking for a small camp table to take on a multiday IK trip to keep my food prep up off the ground cause the place is very dirty. Would be nice if it was metal so that hot things could be put on it, doesn't have to be big or tall. Lots of options I see on amazon, wondering if anyone has any specific recommends.

FYI, - I have a roll-a-table that I been using since the late 1990s, looking for something smaller and lighter.

Something along these lines:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f_rd_i=3400841

shappattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2017   #2

Fort Collins, Colorado
I bought a couple of Alps mountaineering sidekick tables. Haven't used them yet,
but they are made of aluminum so they are lightweight and and seem pretty sturdy. They are quite short and fairly small, but I know they make a larger one that would be taller. Not sure if it would break down small enough for you, but might be worth taking a look at.
protechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017   #3

Searching for water....., Idaho
https://snowpeak.com/products/ozen-s...iant=671176589
Pinned is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2017   #4

Walterville, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
It is the size of a standard piece of paper?

I just turn my boat over and use the bottom for a table. And don't put hot stuff on it.
Old 02-07-2017   #5
Shapp

the grove, Oregon
On this particular trip the table must go in a dry bag. The river is so intensely dirty you would not use anything as a table that was in contact with the water, such as a boat, further more there is no clean water to rinse off anything (have to carry all our clean water), filtering is not even an option, as there is too much salt in the water.
Old 02-07-2017   #6

Jenks, Oklahoma
go to big agness web site and look at the tables and chairs they bring in from I think Australia.

I have one of the tall back chair and the hard top table. Both Pack up extremely small. Used both on a recent canoe trip the boundary waters up in MN. Chair very very comfy and the table worked great placed between me and my bud who has one of their chairs as well. we put a couple canister stoves on the table along with other cooking gear and cooked in comfort. The table top is solid but is fabric covered so do not put hot things directly on it. This is great stuff, light weight and incredibly strong. No connection from me to Big Agness or the Australian manufacturer except as a well pleased customer. I also have the short leg cot for several years since they first came out and this cot is awesome for backpacking style tents.
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017   #7
Shapp

the grove, Oregon
Thanks for the recommends, I went with this table as it is not too spendy, good size, can put hot stuff on it, and the reviews I looked at on a couple different websites indicate its pretty stable. Got the XL size. I'll put up a post trip review here at the end of the month.

Old 02-07-2017   #8

Eugene, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1996
Quote:
Originally Posted by shappattack View Post
Thanks for the recommends, I went with this table as it is not too spendy, good size, can put hot stuff on it, and the reviews I looked at on a couple different websites indicate its pretty stable. Got the XL size. I'll put up a post trip review here at the end of the month.

Shapp. I purchased a table almost identical to the one you bought about 8 years ago at Costco. Don't remember what I paid but it is serviceable for your situation. I use mine as a back up or secondary table on larger group trips. Since the table top is aluminum & plastic slats that are bungeed together getting it leveled and sturdy on rocky beaches can be a pain tho.

Good luck.
Soup
Soup76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017   #9
Shapp

the grove, Oregon
On the trip in question, we will be on sandy/silt banks
Old 02-07-2017   #10

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Looks like you already found a table. I've been using the GSI Micro Table for the past two summers on flat water kayak touring trips. I carry two of them. They pack up really small & fit perfect inside my sea kayak. Probably a little too small for what you were needing.

Micro Collapsible Camping Table | GSI Outdoors