Sliding feet for Yeti - Mountain Buzz
 



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-10-2013   #1
 
NE, Oregon
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 180
Sliding feet for Yeti

Since Yeti doesn't list them and I have seen a couple of posts lamenting the lack of these, I thought I would share.

You have to call Yeti and order them.

They claim they don't sell enough to warrant listing them on the website. I know, I can't make sense of this logic either.

They work well and make sliding coolers around on trailers or boats much easier

Willie 1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-10-2013   #2
 
Medford, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1984
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 235
I just pulled mine off now it slides just fine. They are easy to pull out.
rivers2run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013   #3
 
Calgary, Alberta
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivers2run View Post
I just pulled mine off now it slides just fine. They are easy to pull out.
Just grab them with pliers and pull?

I might have to do the same.
cupido76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-10-2013   #4
 
Newberg, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1981
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie 1.5 View Post
Since Yeti doesn't list them and I have seen a couple of posts lamenting the lack of these, I thought I would share.

You have to call Yeti and order them.

They claim they don't sell enough to warrant listing them on the website. I know, I can't make sense of this logic either.

They work well and make sliding coolers around on trailers or boats much easier
Thanks! I saw them on there web site a couple years back with a video for replacing them.
jpbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013   #5
 
Medford, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1984
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 235
I pulled them out with pliers twist it a bit, not hard at all.
rivers2run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013   #6
 
cataraftgirl's Avatar
 
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,344
When I pulled the feet off a Yeti I had in the past, it left an open hole with the foam exposed. I didn't think that was a good thing to do ??????
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013   #7
 
Calgary, Alberta
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
When I pulled the feet off a Yeti I had in the past, it left an open hole with the foam exposed. I didn't think that was a good thing to do ??????
No... that doesn't sound ideal.

The gap could be sealed with some sort of epoxy to seal it back up, maybe?
cupido76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti and PBR yesimapirate Kayaking | Gear Talk 1 03-22-2013 04:59 PM
sliding raft on car roof johnovice Rafting | Gear Talk 13 08-31-2012 12:08 AM
Jackson Star series sliding seats Zorba the Geek Kayaking | Gear Talk 3 05-27-2010 12:58 PM
yo yeti! slee Whitewater Kayaking 24 05-26-2006 01:34 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.