shade without a frame - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-25-2015   #1

Bismarck, North Dakota
Paddling Since: 2012
shade without a frame

Any suggestions on getting some shade without a frame? Pictures anyone?

Advertisement

Old 03-25-2015   #2

Salida, 81201
Paddling Since: 1995
park your boat under a tree???

Or try a NRS Wing NRS River Wing at nrs.com
thinksnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015   #3

Cortez, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
I have a River Sombrero (a bimini) and it's only solid anchor point is the center, the other points are just clips into the raft D-rings. I would think you could just make a mounting board out of a couple of pieces of plywood or 2x6. If this board was about 4-6" wide and 10-16" long, and had 4 eye-bolts (or other tie-down hardware), one on each corner, you could strap it to the nearest d-rings and thwarts, and you'd be set. Obviously, the exact configuration would be determined by the location of your D-rings and thwarts. And if you're not handy, just promise beer to a handy friend!
grumper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2015   #4

Vail, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumper13 View Post
I have a River Sombrero (a bimini) and it's only solid anchor point is the center, the other points are just clips into the raft D-rings. I would think you could just make a mounting board out of a couple of pieces of plywood or 2x6. If this board was about 4-6" wide and 10-16" long, and had 4 eye-bolts (or other tie-down hardware), one on each corner, you could strap it to the nearest d-rings and thwarts, and you'd be set. Obviously, the exact configuration would be determined by the location of your D-rings and thwarts. And if you're not handy, just promise beer to a handy friend!
grumper, do you have a picture of your rig with the river sombrero and attach points?
RichardJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015   #5

Cortez, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
I don't seem to have any pictures that show the attachment very well, but my setup is on a frame and you are asking about setting up shade without a frame. I imagine the River Sombrero website has good images, though....but probably not on a frameless boat. The attachment anchor is just a little piece of nylon with a couple of screw holes in it. It just needs to be screwed to a piece of plywood, then the plywood strapped to the boat as described in my previous post.
grumper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015   #6

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1980
Are you asking about on the boat shade or at camp shade? If it's at camp I highly recommend you get hold of a fellow Buzzard Atomicrider. He makes very nice, very high quality camp shades.
As for frameless shade for your boat? I don't know, maybe a hat😜.

Jim
Sembob is offline   Reply With Quote