Mountain Buzz banner

Scooter/Motorcycle Shuttle Trailer Set Ups

8K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  OMGitsCasey 
#1 ·
Greetings Buzzards,

I am curious to see what people are using to bring their scooters or motorcycles for shuttle on their raft trailers. Let me see your setups please.

Thanks for your help... -SJG

#2 ·
Here is mine. I used to run the motorcycle on a Harbor Freight Moto rack on the front hitch but it blocked the headlights and put extra wear and tear on my ball joints and such. I took the tray off the Harbor Freight receiver bar and welded up my own. Its a 2" square steel tube with 1/4" wall thickness. I thin machined a stepped hole to fit a ball at the end and threaded it, I also slid the nut inside the tubing and it all snugs up tight and is held in with a cotter pin. I then machined a hole where the hitch pin normally goes and threaded it for a 5/8" 13tpi graded bolt to hold it tight in the receiver. The ball at the end is of the type that you can swap different size heads on the shaft. I would never fathom using the 2 5/16" that far out but the 1 7/8" may come in handy one day.

I extended my 7 pin wiring harness to reach the socket on the bumper. The trailer I built as well, it is 94" wide to avoid the regulations that come with a 96" wide trailer and 10' long deck. It tilts to aid in loading and unloading and has the option for a bolt on roller bar.

This is the best pic I have of it.

Attachments

#10 ·
Here is mine. I used to run the motorcycle on a Harbor Freight Moto rack on the front hitch but it blocked the headlights and put extra wear and tear on my ball joints and such. I took the tray off the Harbor Freight receiver bar and welded up my own. Its a 2" square steel tube with 1/4" wall thickness. I thin machined a stepped hole to fit a ball at the end and threaded it, I also slid the nut inside the tubing and it all snugs up tight and is held in with a cotter pin. I then machined a hole where the hitch pin normally goes and threaded it for a 5/8" 13tpi graded bolt to hold it tight in the receiver. The ball at the end is of the type that you can swap different size heads on the shaft. I would never fathom using the 2 5/16" that far out but the 1 7/8" may come in handy one day.

I extended my 7 pin wiring harness to reach the socket on the bumper. The trailer I built as well, it is 94" wide to avoid the regulations that come with a 96" wide trailer and 10' long deck. It tilts to aid in loading and unloading and has the option for a bolt on roller bar.

This is the best pic I have of it.
Any chance you've got any additional photos?

#8 ·
No I didn’t build it, but somebody must have spent a lot of time designing and building it.
I found this trailer about a year ago. Haven’t seen one like it before. It was in rough shape so I took it apart and powder coated it. There is a 300 gallon aluminum dry box in the middle of it. The storage under front of trailer is handy for removable winch and straps.
Trailer Transport Vehicle Automotive exterior Wood

Vehicle Car Trailer Automotive exterior

#9 ·
I have built a motorcycle carrier that is inserted into a trailer receiver that is welded In the A frame of the trailer.I do use a hitch extension. I installed the Ultimate trailer jack that is fully removable and pretty sweet. I also use the receiver for a winch I made that is used to load the raft fully loaded when motorcycle is off and at the boat launch Waiting to be picked up.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.