Sawyer Oars Bankruptcy - Mountain Buzz
 



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-11-2016   #1
 
DoubleShadow's Avatar
 
On The River, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 99
Sawyer Oars Bankruptcy

Just saw this the other day thought I would share. Looks like Sawyer is going to be going the way of the buffalo. They owe a lot of money to a lot of people they definitely won't be back in the game for a long time if ever.

Talent-based Sawyer Paddles & Oars files for bankruptcy protection - News - MailTribune.com - Medford, OR

DoubleShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-11-2016   #2
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleShadow View Post
Just saw this the other day thought I would share. Looks like Sawyer is going to be going the way of the buffalo. They owe a lot of money to a lot of people they definitely won't be back in the game for a long time if ever.

Talent-based Sawyer Paddles & Oars files for bankruptcy protection - News - MailTribune.com - Medford, OR
Funny thing. The article you posted disagrees with your statements about "not being back in the game for a long time, if ever". Maybe you did not read the article?

They will be reorganizing as an employee owned business and remaining open.


P.S. Buffalo are doing fine.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016   #3
swimming
 
Coastal, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1987
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 258
They won't be going away. There are too many people around here who won't use anything else for oars including lots of the drift boat companies. There are certain individuals that would step forward if need be.
GreenWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-11-2016   #4
 
6FEETandRISING's Avatar
 
Lardo, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1998
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 103
After reading the article I can see how they are going to have some real trouble coming back. Just because they are reorganizing doesn't mean that the company will survive. They are scrambling to save something that is most likely already broken. Generally these situations don't work out well for the employees. There is a lot of money owed. Also, a judge has to make a ruling to see if the employees will even be allowed to do so. The court could just as easily demand that the company be liquidated and debts paid to the previous owner as well as others. Sawyer is going to have a very hard time coming back from this, that is my professional opinion.
__________________
When you spend your life in the rain, you learn to walk between the drops.
6FEETandRISING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016   #5
 
elkhaven's Avatar
 
Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWall View Post
They won't be going away. There are too many people around here who won't use anything else for oars including lots of the drift boat companies. There are certain individuals that would step forward if need be.
This is something I'll bet you're very familiar with but I sure hope they don't follow your marketing strategy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
__________________
"If you dont do it this year, you will be one year older when you do"
-Warren Miller
elkhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016   #6
swimming
 
Coastal, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1987
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhaven View Post
This is something I'll bet you're very familiar with but I sure hope they don't follow your marketing strategy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
My marketing strategy and buying strategy is one in the same. If it is an awesome product I use it, I could give two shits about what some tool on the internet thinks or how they think it should be presented, when they can build it as good they get to have an opinion. At some point in the last 10 years the American consumer turned into a bunch of big pussies and they want someone to stroke them full of fuzzy customer service instead of just selling them a kick ass product. Pretty much because they are lost and have no idea what they are doing. I will take the kick ass product you can keep the reach around with fuzzy gloves.
GreenWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016   #7
 
elkhaven's Avatar
 
Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWall View Post
My marketing strategy and buying strategy is one in the same. If it is an awesome product I use it, I could give two shits about what some tool on the internet thinks or how they think it should be presented, when they can build it as good they get to have an opinion.
And you're always right and the customer doesn't know shit. Point made, thanks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
__________________
"If you dont do it this year, you will be one year older when you do"
-Warren Miller
elkhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016   #8
swimming
 
Coastal, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1987
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhaven View Post
And you're always right and the customer doesn't know shit. Point made, thanks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
I can tell you I have a relative that races supercross and I don't go tell him how to ride and set up his suspension, I listen. So ya if you don't know shit in the particular skillset listen to the pro's. See now your distracting me from programming machines for tommorow.
GreenWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016   #9
 
elkhaven's Avatar
 
Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWall View Post
I can tell you I have a relative that races supercross and I don't go tell him how to ride and set up his suspension, I listen. So ya if you don't know shit in the particular skillset listen to the pro's.
wooptity fuckin do. You wouldn't have a clue how to set up a boat for me...Stop confusing your self with God.

Your not a pro, your a fabricator, possibly a con artist, certainly a jack ass. There is always, ALWAYS, someone better than you. Somebody surely should have taught you that by now. Show some humility for fucks sake.

Sent from my XT1585 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
__________________
"If you dont do it this year, you will be one year older when you do"
-Warren Miller
elkhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016   #10
swimming
 
Coastal, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1987
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 258
See how that is to have someone bother ya on the internet,sucks huh.
Hell I am still trying to figure out which end of the oar goes in the water, customer service sucks around here! Lol
GreenWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sawyer standard oars highcountry Kayaking | Gear Talk 0 04-22-2010 10:29 PM
LOST 2 9ft yellow Sawyer Oars at Upper Sea stuppy82 Lost & Found 0 06-28-2009 07:17 PM
Sawyer Oars swimlover Kayaking | Gear Talk 3 04-22-2009 08:34 AM
Sawyer Pole Cat oars (good/bad/ugly?) danattherock Whitewater Kayaking 6 01-05-2009 10:35 AM
Oars, oars, oars Randaddy Whitewater Kayaking 13 04-26-2008 01:53 PM

» Classified Ads
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.