Sawyer Oars Bankruptcy - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-11-2016   #1

On The River, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Sawyer Oars Bankruptcy

Just saw this the other day thought I would share. Looks like Sawyer is going to be going the way of the buffalo. They owe a lot of money to a lot of people they definitely won't be back in the game for a long time if ever.

Talent-based Sawyer Paddles & Oars files for bankruptcy protection - News - MailTribune.com - Medford, OR

DoubleShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2016   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleShadow View Post
Just saw this the other day thought I would share. Looks like Sawyer is going to be going the way of the buffalo. They owe a lot of money to a lot of people they definitely won't be back in the game for a long time if ever.

Talent-based Sawyer Paddles & Oars files for bankruptcy protection - News - MailTribune.com - Medford, OR
Funny thing. The article you posted disagrees with your statements about "not being back in the game for a long time, if ever". Maybe you did not read the article?

They will be reorganizing as an employee owned business and remaining open.

P.S. Buffalo are doing fine.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016   #3
swimming

Coastal, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1987
They won't be going away. There are too many people around here who won't use anything else for oars including lots of the drift boat companies. There are certain individuals that would step forward if need be.
GreenWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2016   #4

Lardo, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1998
After reading the article I can see how they are going to have some real trouble coming back. Just because they are reorganizing doesn't mean that the company will survive. They are scrambling to save something that is most likely already broken. Generally these situations don't work out well for the employees. There is a lot of money owed. Also, a judge has to make a ruling to see if the employees will even be allowed to do so. The court could just as easily demand that the company be liquidated and debts paid to the previous owner as well as others. Sawyer is going to have a very hard time coming back from this, that is my professional opinion.
Old 02-11-2016   #5

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWall View Post
They won't be going away. There are too many people around here who won't use anything else for oars including lots of the drift boat companies. There are certain individuals that would step forward if need be.
This is something I'll bet you're very familiar with but I sure hope they don't follow your marketing strategy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Old 02-11-2016   #6
swimming

Coastal, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhaven View Post
This is something I'll bet you're very familiar with but I sure hope they don't follow your marketing strategy.

My marketing strategy and buying strategy is one in the same. If it is an awesome product I use it, I could give two shits about what some tool on the internet thinks or how they think it should be presented, when they can build it as good they get to have an opinion. At some point in the last 10 years the American consumer turned into a bunch of big pussies and they want someone to stroke them full of fuzzy customer service instead of just selling them a kick ass product. Pretty much because they are lost and have no idea what they are doing. I will take the kick ass product you can keep the reach around with fuzzy gloves.
Old 02-11-2016   #7

Belgrade, Montana
Quote:
My marketing strategy and buying strategy is one in the same. If it is an awesome product I use it, I could give two shits about what some tool on the internet thinks or how they think it should be presented, when they can build it as good they get to have an opinion.
And you're always right and the customer doesn't know shit. Point made, thanks.

Old 02-12-2016   #8
swimming

Coastal, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhaven View Post
And you're always right and the customer doesn't know shit. Point made, thanks.

I can tell you I have a relative that races supercross and I don't go tell him how to ride and set up his suspension, I listen. So ya if you don't know shit in the particular skillset listen to the pro's. See now your distracting me from programming machines for tommorow.
Old 02-12-2016   #9

Belgrade, Montana
Quote:
I can tell you I have a relative that races supercross and I don't go tell him how to ride and set up his suspension, I listen. So ya if you don't know shit in the particular skillset listen to the pro's.
wooptity fuckin do. You wouldn't have a clue how to set up a boat for me...Stop confusing your self with God.

Your not a pro, your a fabricator, possibly a con artist, certainly a jack ass. There is always, ALWAYS, someone better than you. Somebody surely should have taught you that by now. Show some humility for fucks sake.

Old 02-12-2016   #10
swimming

Coastal, Oregon
See how that is to have someone bother ya on the internet,sucks huh.
Hell I am still trying to figure out which end of the oar goes in the water, customer service sucks around here! Lol