Sawyer Customer Service - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-17-2016   #1

Denver, Colorado
Sawyer Customer Service

Good evening, over the last year or so Sawyer has had some difficulties with finances and many have tried calling with lackluster results.
Well the time has come to get it out in the open!
I saw Riverman4utoday posting some stuff in the oar locks and washers thread.
I sent him an email around 7:00 a.m. mst today. By 10:45, I had a reply with a cell phone number saying my questions would be better answered by phone, so please call at my convenience. I did about 30 minutes later and talked with Aaron for a few minutes.
What a great guy, knowledgeable, apologetic for the past, but not wanting to harp on it, but tell how they were back and ready to go.
He handled my questions with aplomb, had ideas and suggestions for me and was a genuine pleasure to talk to. He knows his stuff and is a resource both for Sawyer and here.
Let's cut Sawyer a little slack and know that not all things are in their control when they try to grow to keep up with our demands!
I suspect things will be better sooner than later and look forward to continued years of being able to purchase great gear.
Hooray for Sawyer getting Aaron back and letting him stay in his new home of CO!

jonseim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2016   #2

Fort Collins, Colorado
Riverman4utoday (Aaron?) posted in my build thread with some info on running squaretops with prolocks. I don't believe he was working at Sawyer at the time, but it was great info, and will probably consult with him after this season to have my oars retrofitted.

I ordered my oars right when they declared bankruptcy, and still received within a week. Overall impressed so far, no complaints.

I have no doubts Sawyer will continue to be a great company and back their great products.
UpThePoudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016   #3

On The River, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Screw That

First off the OP sounds like he works for them. They've lost me as a customer for life. I will never buy another product from them again after the way I've been treated. I wouldn't recommend buying from them to anyone I know. I will cut them no slack! If you can't return a phone call over a 6 month time period then you just don't care in my opinion. There are other companies out there that do care and I will be ordering from them.
DoubleShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2016   #4

Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
They have been top notch in my experiences with their customer service.
Sleepless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016   #5

Longview, Washington
Paddling Since: 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleShadow View Post
First off the OP sounds like he works for them. They've lost me as a customer for life. I will never buy another product from them again after the way I've been treated. I wouldn't recommend buying from them to anyone I know. I will cut them no slack! If you can't return a phone call over a 6 month time period then you just don't care in my opinion. There are other companies out there that do care and I will be ordering from them.

I just got my second set of oars from them and they are top notch just like the ones I had before. Beau with Sawyer was flawless from start to finish with the ordering process and was very patient as I changed my order a couple of times. The bottom line is that sometimes things happen with customer service and writing them off because of one instance only hurts you as I have found their customer service stellar every time I have had contact with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
WW Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016   #6

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Well, I guess I'll tell you what I do and what I've done.
I currently am a special ed teacher in Jeffco Public Schools. I've worked at Philmont for 7 years in the 1990's, am an Eagle Scout, worked outdoor shops in college at the University of Georgia and then here in CO. I support good companies and give my best to those that deserve it.
I feel based on their products and understanding their dilemma, I am willing to give them a shot.
I don't work for Sawyer, but wish I still had my prodeals from back in the day!
If you want to question me, feel free, I'm still learning rivers and will always listen to those in the know!
Happy trails to you and yours!
jonseim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016   #7

Grand Junction, Colorado via Oregon
Paddling Since: 1976
Quote:
DoubleShadow,
Not going to excuse what happened to you nor am I going to make out a list of possible excuses, but not knowing much about the particulars it's hard for me to speculate what happened in your situation with Sawyer. I tried reaching out to you via PM on Mountain Buzz to see if I could figure out what happened and possibly step in to get you taken care of, and you have chosen not to accept my help. I still welcome a call to discuss what happened so if nothing else, to prevent what happened to you from happening to anyone else. My direct phone is 970-208-4643. If/when you need something in the future(should you decide to change your mind), please contact me directly and I will take care of you personally.

Also, the OP does not work for Sawyer, only I have that distinction.

Again, extremely sorry for your experience with Sawyer.

Cheers,
Old 05-19-2016   #8

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
I have had only good experiences with sawyer, my most recent being just weeks before whatever happened that caused them to close down for a while.
DoStep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016   #9

Bayfield, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
They do have some awesome products. Dynalite blades are my current infatuation.
jamesthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016   #10

Grand Junction, Colorado via Oregon
Paddling Since: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesthomas View Post
They do have some awesome products. Dynalite blades are my current infatuation.
Totally get the infatuation part of it. Put my Dynelites on 7-8 years ago and have not taken them off since!