Saturn Raft - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-27-2011   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Saturn Raft

Does anyone have an opinion of a saturn raft who has actually used one?

Thanks Peter

pnewlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2011   #2

Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Peter - This is a topic that has been, uhm, "examined" repeatedly here on The Buzz. Do a "search." You'll find LOTS of info.
Old 04-27-2011   #3

Denver, Colorado
i have and there are very few that have a saturn, i want to hear a review from people who actually have a saturn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2011   #4
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Holy shit on a stick. Really??

Let me google that for you
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #5

Carbondale, Colorado
ad nauseam
watermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #6

Denver, Colorado
if i wanted shitty replies i would have asked for them, please don't reply if your going to be a dick, sorry i don't sit on this website all day long
Old 04-27-2011   #7

Boise, Idaho
I used to be pretty stoked on my Saturn and the countless threads about them on this forum. I will do the short version to appease those who want to celebrate Saturnalia, and those who get super pissed about it:

I have a 2010 I bought about a year ago. It works well, but...the valves kinda suck, there's no lace in floor, it's heavy, the warranty is pretty weak, it may be bad for the U.S. economy, and it's hard to roll. It does however get me down the river and it has been a blast to paddle and row the dozen or times I have had it on the water. The major downside is there's no telling how long it will last, but if you're feeling lucky and get a smokin deal like I did, I say go for it. On the other hand, if you can get a good(i.e. aire, maravia, nrs, avon, sotar, or even tributary, etc.) used raft for about the same price, it may last longer and perform better, depending on how used it is. There you have it, roll the dice or get a more establised brand. So much for the short version...

I also have AIRE boats and think they're the best but for the money I paid for the saturn brand new I could probably get 5 of them for the price of a similar sized AIRE.
rafterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #8
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnewlin View Post
if i wanted shitty replies i would have asked for them, please don't reply if your going to be a dick, sorry i don't sit on this website all day long
how about don't post if you are going to be a lazy dick?

and unless you get me banned - fat chance of that - you can't stop me from trashing your thread if I want to. Hows that for dick?

If you click on the link it will actually take you to pages where people who have saturns have posted up.

If you are too lazy to scroll through the pages for the real reviews I can't help you. I could look them up post by post but I am too lazy to help someone that much who comes in with a chip on their shoulder.

Good luck
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #9

Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
pnewlin-

ha, looks like you discovered how douchy posters here can be.

I bought a saturn several years ago and was very pleased with it as my first boat. It was cheap and very durable. the valves were cheap, but worked fine, even when a little "broken". the floor was a bit annoying because stuff got stuck under it all the time, just have to be dilligent about keeping tabs on it. I used mine for a fishing set up as well as a paddle boat for whitewater and it was great for both. I ran my saturn down the lochsa at highwater, and killed it. and have friends who have taken their saturns down the grand with no problems. bounced off plenty of rocks and never had a puncture. for the price, i would say its tough to beat. RM rafts in the springs is a good place to talk to knowledgeable people about saturns. good luck!
Swobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #10

vancouver, Washington
Paddling Since: 1996
Hey Rafterman you finally coming out of the closet?

Not too many i know who have had both

I know there is a price diff and talkin rafts versus cats but how would you compare your recently purchased ocelot in terms of fit, feel, anticipated life, and performance against your Saturn?

Carvedog -- nice link. Keep up the attitude I won't block ya

For the dude asking,

I think there's still a nice 143r on nrsweb up in montana that I thought was a smokin deal. Search post 15999
slamkal is offline   Reply With Quote