Salmon River Frame Sideboards - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-22-2016   #1

eagle, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2004
Salmon River Frame Sideboards

Anyone put sideboards on this frame? Haven't figured a good way with the single outside rail and the oar mounts on a down tube. Right now I just use a bench in front accross the entire frame and a square board on either side of my dry box (seat) in the rear.

Thanks dudes

ebh0619 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2016   #2

Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
On the cover of Cascade River Gear's catalog there are a half dozen or so boats in a circle. The boat at the 10 o'clock position appears to have the salmon river frame with full length side boards. I would email Renee at Cascade and ask who's boat it is as its probably an employee.

Would it be possible to cut just the right slot in a good piece of three quarter inch plywood so it would contortion into place?

I used three-quarter inch MDO plywood on my single rail and its strong enough to not sag.

On another current thread someone is using a different material made for semi trailer protection on the interior walls. Something like that might work better as you maybe able to flex it a bit more.

MDO is also nice as it is splinter free with a paper.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016   #3

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1960
Cascade River Gear

Thanks for always being our biggest fan Paul Yes we can get you some side rails that will fit on the Salmon River Frames beautifully, just give us a call and we will help you out 800.223.7238. Keep it Right Side Up, Renee
Cascade River Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2016   #4

Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascade Outfitters View Post
Thanks for always being our biggest fan Paul Yes we can get you some side rails that will fit on the Salmon River Frames beautifully, just give us a call and we will help you out 800.223.7238. Keep it Right Side Up, Renee
You bet you guys rock!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016   #5

Nampa, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2014
EBH,
I have some side boards for my salmon river frame. I bought them from Cascade. Since you are in Eagle, call and see if they have any in stock so you can see them. The oar towers make it difficult to use a single board. I used 2 on each side. One before the oar tower and one after. To get them super tight, I attached them with 100lbs zip ties and cam straps as back up. My family loved them. There was one unsupported corner that felt kind of squishy when you stepped on it but huge improvement on stability when moving around on the raft. I was considering wedging a foam block under the unsupported corner but never did.

I ended up taking the frame off that raft and converting it to a paddle raft. Now the frame and boards are stored. My oar rig on the new boat now uses a NRS frame with those sweet side boards NRS makes. Those fit perfectly. I wonder if you could adapt those to a salmon river?

I would upload a picture but the upload keeps failing.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Dr.AndyDVM is offline   Reply With Quote