RTIC coolers - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-24-2016   #1

Denver, Colorado
RTIC coolers

I see they are 15-20% off right now, a 30 can soft side for $106 or so.
Any reviews if one is in the market for a soft side cooler? I wouldn't mind getting rid of the hard igloo captains cooler that doesn't quite fit and is a pain to strap down and then access regularly.
https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coo...oftPak-30-Grey

jonseim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2016   #2

Wondervu, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I saw this in the FAQ section of their web site.... doesn't seen to jive with the delivery promised on the order pages.

When will the coolers be in stock and when will they be available for delivery?
RTIC coolers are currently on back order. All pre-orders will be filled on a first come basis and are subject to availability. Please check our website (www.rticcoolers.com) and Facebook for updates.
kengore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016   #3
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I ordered an RTIC 20 on Friday and it arrived the next Tuesday. The information on the website is a little old. I also noticed that the same reviews show up regardless of which item you search. I can't speak for the soft coolers but I'm happy with my purchase.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2016   #4

Salt Lake City, Utah
I think they just haven't changed that. They were on permanent backorder for most of the year. I've placed several orders with them in the last month or two and they've all been to my porch in 3 days.
bcpnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016   #5

billings, Montana
Paddling Since: Tues
Send a message via Yahoo to mttodd
A friend of mine has 2 of the soft coolers and one of their hard coolers. They are really well built. I have a cooler fetish and own two Orions, a canyon, NRS big sky, and a great big yeti. The artic I looked at was no orion, but every bit as good as any yeti. I've owned 3 of them. I plan on buying a couple artic soft coolers for captain use. They are way sturdier than the NRS soft coolers.
mttodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016   #6

Steamboat, Colorado
Been really happy with the soft coolers, ordered the 20 and 30. Kept the 20 and gave the 30 as a gift. Seem well built and has taken 3 months of normal cooler abuse and been impressed. Some like the tapered shape of the yeti, i like not having to scrape through the zipper everytime like you do on the yeti.
kayakfreakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016   #7

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
So you guys talked me into it... I'd been thinking about a soft cooler for a while so I just ordered one...like 10 minutes ago. Just got an email saying it shipped - 10 mins after ordered on Christmas Eve??? If legit that might be the best service ever, or hardest driving boss ever... Presumably it's an automated reply saying the shipping request went to UPS (or whomever) but curious anyways. I also threw in one of those 64 ounce double wall jugs for $20...that's $70 less than Yeti. I had been waiting for Walmart to get on board with those jugs to give one a try. No way I was spending $90 for a Yeti.

Why does anyone buy Yeti anymore?
Old 12-24-2016   #8

Jenks, Oklahoma
I have one of the probably original Yeti 80 qt coolers and it has been really good.

I also got the early offers Yeti stainless steel cups and it is good as well.

I ordered and received a Rrtic soft cooler and really like it.

I am waiting for the RTIC 120 or so hard side cooler and wish they would offer it ASAP.

As far as Yeti is concerned, I think they have priced themselves out of the market on coolers and especially the stainless steel cups. Any thing I see on the market with the Yeti logo is way way over priced. As mentioned on a thread here on Mt Buzz, the Walmart SS glasses give the same performance for a real good price.

I have purchased my last Yeti product till their prices get lower than the competition.
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016   #9
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Ooh, I hadn't looked at the stainless bottles. Those might be the ticket on a Grand trip in August!
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016   #10

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1801
Gotta agree with everything here, Got my new 65 hardside in just 4 days, and it is a thing of beauty. Would have liked a little bigger cooler in my 14 foot raft but I believe this will be just fine for $170.00.
chugwater1 is offline   Reply With Quote