Rtic 65 dimensions. - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-04-2018   #1

billings, Montana
Paddling Since: Tues
Send a message via Yahoo to mttodd
Rtic 65 dimensions.

Does anyone have an Rtic 65 cooler they could grab a measurement off? Looking for the dimensions where it sits on the frame. Under the lip. Thanks in advance.

mttodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2018   #2

As luck would have it my desk is 10ft from said cooler and a tape measure...

I measure 31.5 x 16.5 cooler dimensions just below the lip. Lip is 12-7/8 off the floor. Not sure if it's relevant, but keep in mind the T-handles fasten under the lip and would interfere with a frame crossbar supporting the cooler there
OldBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018   #3

Jamestown, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBalls View Post
As luck would have it my desk is 10ft from said cooler and a tape measure...

I measure 31.5 x 16.5 cooler dimensions just below the lip. Lip is 12-7/8 off the floor. Not sure if it's relevant, but keep in mind the T-handles fasten under the lip and would interfere with a frame crossbar supporting the cooler there
This is true and worth considering when planning a rig. I have an RTIC 65 that fits perfectly in my frame with room for a 5-gallon Scepter jug on each side between the cooler and the sides of my boat. But it has to sit high enough for the t-handles to function without interference from the crossbar. I have a set of straps pretty well dialed in at the proper height, but it does make the whole setup a little less stable than is ideal.
Bleugrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2018   #4

billings, Montana
Paddling Since: Tues
Send a message via Yahoo to mttodd
Oldballs, thanks man! I had thought about the handles and was planning on an offset if the space allows. Any chance you would be willing to take a tape to it one more time and grab the center to center on the handles, and distance from outside edge to center of handles? I really appreciate it! I’m planning on making a nice little day frame and that rtic is the right size for a small boat.
mttodd is offline   Reply With Quote