Mountain Buzz banner

Roll-A-Cot, did I get a bad egg?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  GreenWall 
#1 ·
Just got my first Roll-A-Cot. It took a few minuets to get the side rails put together, but I am guessing that gets easier with time. My concern is that the fabric already is tearing and the drill holes in the aluminum are sharp. Already took a small chunk of skin. Absolutely no sanding or any other type of Finnish work was done after the drilling to smooth out the ruff edges.

I am just wondering if this is normal quality for the Roll-A-Cot or if I got a bad egg. Blue Denim Textile Jeans Woven fabric
Jeans Denim Textile Mesh Electric blue
Metal Mesh Carbon Pattern Composite material

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

See less See more
#2 ·
You can hit that fray with a lighter real quick and it will fix it. The other photo is just overlap from the RF welding bar. The aluminum ya you may have to debur a couple things. We usually check them over before we ship them out. You should have held out for our new shelter combo :)

To answer your main question, ya that may be a little rough around the edges compared to normal. Try and wiggle the side rails into place more than rotating once aluminum gets a burr it likes to gall and can be a pain.

#3 ·
You can hit that fray with a lighter real quick and it will fix it. The other photo is just overlap from the RF welding bar. The aluminum ya you may have to debur a couple things. We usually check them over before we ship them out. You should have held out for our new shelter combo :)

To answer your main question, ya that may be a little rough around the edges compared to normal.
Already hit the fray with the lighter. Just hope it doesn't get worse. Really the sharp edges were my main issue, but I know I can smooth them out. It just seemed after all the good words I have heard about these cots, that this might be sub par quality for the price.

#5 ·
I will get you some ,we have a few little adjustments and I will probably just mail one out to you to check out and see what you think. It started as my solution to what I wanted for a river bed and a couple other local boaters hopped onboard, then I figured what the hell we made all the jigs and have the programming done and materials.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.