Rocky Mountain Rafts Beta - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-30-2011   #1

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Rocky Mountain Rafts Beta

I'm looking into buying a Rocky Mountain Raft, for a new boat it seems like a good deal. Does anyone own one or used one, how tough has it been, how long have you had it. Any and all input is helpful

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2011   #2

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
There have been several threads about RMR. I bought mine (14 footer) this past spring and have loved it. No problems, durable, good tracking, all over great boat. But don't believe me check out the other threads. I think this is the longest discussion:

https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...put-37448.html

Also call River Boat Works in Salida. The owner Ron can answer any of your questions and I think they may still be having their end of season clearance sale.
CoMtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #3

Crossville, Tennessee
Paddling Since: 1990
I bought a 14ft self bailer in june and am very happy with it.Boat seems well made and durable.I think it would be hard to find a better deal on a new boat of this quality.
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2011   #4
Shapp

the grove, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1986
I don't have one, but I did notice that The Boat People website now has them for sale with a good write up. I have always valued their product write-ups for being straight up telling the good and bad.
shappattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #5

rifle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Rocky Mtn. Raft 14' Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by krashhadley View Post
I'm looking into buying a Rocky Mountain Raft, for a new boat it seems like a good deal. Does anyone own one or used one, how tough has it been, how long have you had it. Any and all input is helpful
Hello, I am the Western Slope Dealer for RMR, I have 1 2011 Blue 14ft. still available, you can reach me @ 319-5679
Thanks,
Mark
tightline21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #6

Mechanicsville, Virginia
Paddling Since: 2000
Just bought a 13 footer from Joe at RM rafts.. Have not had it out yet, but looked it over. Built very well...tough as a tank..an earlier reply said the bottom is like elephant skin.. I am an east coast rafter and we have allot of jagged rocks which loves to eat up rafts..This RM raft is going to have no problem and I am not going to worry about tearing up my floor... decent warranty 5 yrs, pvc which is allot heavier than hypalon. think it weighs about 145-150. hard to haul yourself...but who is r1' ing a raft anyway..rolls up big... comes with a bag and again tough as nails. I researched this for awhile and was going to buy a NRS e series...but you can't beat the price of this quality self bailing raft Call up Joe at RM Rafts 970 901 7817
RobK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #7

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Thanks for all the good input from all of you. I am in the process of buying a 16' from Mark with Feisty Fins Outfitters, the Western CO RMR dealer. In case anyone is wondering, I have found everyone involved with this company to be extremely accommodating and willing to help. They have excellent customer service and seem to be an up and coming raft supplier. I have no doubt that I will be very pleased with my new boat, looked at a 13' the other day and I found it to be very well built and really a great looking boat. To anyone looking for a new boat, I don't think you'll find a better deal anywhere.