Rocket Box/Ammo Cans in Boise, ID? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-03-2015   #1

Cody, Wyoming
Rocket Box/Ammo Cans in Boise, ID?

Anyone have suggestions for Rocket Box/Ammo Can sellers in Boise? I checked the Army Surplus shop on Chinden, and they seemed a little high with their prices.

Also found a more reasonable seller in Idaho Falls at $25 each. Anyone need some here in town, so we could split shipping on a bigger order? I need two (2) for a MFS trip this year. If there was some interest, I might even make the drive over to fish the Henry's Fork and stop to pick up a bunch of them - got a whole trailer available to fill if that were the case. Let me know if you are interested, thanks in advance.

pbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2015   #2

U not daho, Idaho
Paddling Since: noon
Secret's out. Army surplus in IF is cheapest place for rocket boxes...
Used to be even cheaper...
dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015   #3

telluride, Moab, UT
Paddling Since: 1977
They get $50 in Moab now, I remember buying them from a surplus store out of Denver 9 years ago for $15. That is some inflation!!
mcmarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2015   #4

Portland, Oregon
I found a place in NY that for four it cost $102 shipped --- at least that is what the shopping cart says after add'l shipping. I am skeptical as to condition though.

If there is rust and they are sandblasted prior to powdercoating does that fix problem entirely?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
PDX Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015   #5

Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2008
Southwest Washington Surplus in Washington often has them at good prices. I don't know if they ship them, but I would bet the do.

For those in/near the Portland Vancouver area, they usually have a good selection.
Old 04-25-2015   #6

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Smith and Edwards in northern Utah was always reasonable, and they usually have some bigger watertight surplus boxes for sale as well. 20mm are $20. If you're in the area, worth a stop:

https://www.smithandedwards.com/depa...boxes-749.html
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015   #7

U not daho, Idaho
Paddling Since: noon
Plus they have a nice jingle...
Smith & Edwards, the country boy store.
Smith & Edwards, there's always more.

And a great motto:
We have everything you need, if we can find it...
dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015   #8
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbowman View Post
Anyone have suggestions for Rocket Box/Ammo Can sellers in Boise? I checked the Army Surplus shop on Chinden, and they seemed a little high with their prices.

Also found a more reasonable seller in Idaho Falls at $25 each. Anyone need some here in town, so we could split shipping on a bigger order? I need two (2) for a MFS trip this year. If there was some interest, I might even make the drive over to fish the Henry's Fork and stop to pick up a bunch of them - got a whole trailer available to fill if that were the case. Let me know if you are interested, thanks in advance.
I know someone who goes to IF fairly regularly. Save the shipping maybe. She's a boater so Whiskey or beer could be appropriate delivery fee if we can get them to Boise for you. They would be in Bellevue. When do you need them?
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015   #9

Portland, Oregon
No rocket boxes at SW Washington Surplus --- bummer was hoping for local connection

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
PDX Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015   #10

Cody, Wyoming
thanks for all the info. i may be driving thru SLC in the coming weeks, so i will probably check out the selection at the Smith and Edwards store. i am also planning to go thru IF this spring to catch the salmon fly hatch on the Henry's Fork, so the Army Surplus there will be an option too.

i am in no real hurry to get them, but i should have some options to find a few within the next month or so. thanks for the offer to help get them into sun valley though - that would have given me a good reason to make a w/e trip for some biking.
pbowman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boise