Rescue Rung for sale anywhere? - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-17-2017   #1

Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Rescue Rung for sale anywhere?

Trying to find a site that sells the Rescue Rung ladders. I know Tuff River Stuff did, but Ray told me they're out of stock and that he thinks that they might not be available any longer. Can't seem to find them online anywhere else, thought I'd ask here if anyone has info otherwise...

heyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2017   #2

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1987
I believe Grand Canyon Private Boaters on Facebook has them.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
wildh2onriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017   #3

Edgewood..., Not New...Not Mexico
Paddling Since: 0930
4-step webbing ladder

What about something like a 4 step webbing ladder like what is used in aid climbing? I recently shopped around for a rescue rung and the likes of them and even looked at a few threads on the topic here and found these to be suitable for getting in and out of the boat (IMO). Particularly handy for getting in and out for a quick refreshing swim dunk or for the ladies needing a bathroom break without landing as its easy to slide right in the water and back out with these.

I picked up two of them and keep them attached to the frame on either side in a couple of small mesh draw close bags that are configured to stay put when the ladder is deployed so you dont lose the bag, then re-stuff it when done and its easy to get in and out of the mesh bag.

I imagine someone will call this out as a no-no entrapment death hazard but it really works well to help get back in the boat and its only 35$. Could probably build one of your own with some tubular and some creative knot work.. anyhow, fwiw.. here's a link:

4 Step Aider - Metolius Climbing
Livenswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2017   #4

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2005
cascade river gear has these in stock. Picked one up myself this year and it worked great during a lower Salmon river trip...when my boys and I were in and out of the boat a lot. Stows in the bag for safety.

Nettie’s Bag Ladder | Cascade River Gear
Grifgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017   #5

Northern Utah, Utah
Stiches & Stuff sells a ladder rung in a bag - I tried one out on the Main last week and it worked great.

Ladder in a Bag, Rescue Ladder
FatmanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017   #6

Colo Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Nope, not anymore. They are sold out of them, too.

The manufacturer is not going to make them again for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildh2onriver View Post
I believe Grand Canyon Private Boaters on Facebook has them.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
David L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017   #7

Frisco, Colorado
Bummer. I guess I'll go with plan B from Jan over at Stitches N Stuff. Thanks for the input from everyone.
heyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017   #8

Got the Stitches and stuff one from them this summer, worked great to haul my fat a$$ up. The bag it comes in is way bigger than it needs to be, but at least itís easy to get in and out. Nothing worse than a stuff sack thatís too small. Minor complaint, super quality materials.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017   #9

Northern Utah, Utah
Where and how did you attach the ladder from S&S to your frame? What did you find worked the best? Using an NRS strap to secure it to the row frame resulted in a ladder that was much longer than it needed to be for me. The metal ring on it isn't big enough to slip it over the oar tower (NRS), and I didn't want to take the frame apart to slide the ring over the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Got the Stitches and stuff one from them this summer, worked great to haul my fat a$$ up. The bag it comes in is way bigger than it needs to be, but at least itís easy to get in and out. Nothing worse than a stuff sack thatís too small. Minor complaint, super quality materials.
FatmanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017   #10

I didn't leave it connected in one spot and haven't played with it a more than a handful of times yet. Kept it stowed and just hooked it up when needed on the Yampa this year.

But, I either carabinered the ring to the strap holding down my table, looped it around a crossbar with the biner securing it back onto its own strap, or my frame has extra ends on the side rails for connecting the fishing frame, and I just slid the ring on there.

I'm not sure if I used the bottom rung or two either, so it is probably too long unless you're tubes are huge. Or maybe long is good if it was connected to the inside d ring on the bow and over the front. Not sure I'd cut it off yet.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote