Recretec Frames - opinions - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-16-2017   #1

Seattle, Washington
Recretec Frames - opinions

Hi guys,

I am finally making the move from a 14 " to 16" raft and am strongly considering a Recretec frame. I will almost exclusively be using for long multi-day trips in class 3-4 water, hauling gear and at times my family. I have seen a few folks with Recretecs and I was impressed. I like the way the dry and captains boxes lock in among other things. Does anyone use Recretec? Any thoughts/ opinions?

Thanks

Dave

davbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2017   #2

Seattle, Washington
I love mine. round tube is fine for side rails, but boxes hang so much better on rectangular tubes, and the space efficiency is real too.

Tim now has a clamp-on fitting like a lopro that fits his side rails so you can have some adjustability if you want.

I'd go wwmw for a smaller boat, but for dryboxes and family gear hauling, I like recretec designs best.

my wife really likes not having a front frame crossbar behind her knees. You can stretch just a little more out of your storage area because you dont have front and back cross rails.

great frames.

Dad's 10 year old recretec had a minor weld issue this summer, and it was a free same-day repair from Tim.

When I ordered my new frame, it shipped out to me the next day.

5/5 would buy again.
slickhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017   #3

Rainy Northwest, Washington
Paddling Since: 1980
Mine is more than 20 years old. Frame and boxes are bomber.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
swiftwater15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2017   #4
Misspellingintothefuture!

Tabernash, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
The people I've boated with that have them, love them. The pin together system seems much more solid for holding your dry boxes in, would save significant money on Cams over the years, to.
Old 11-17-2017   #5

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1901
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickhorn View Post

I'd go wwmw for a smaller boat, but for dryboxes and family gear hauling, I like recretec designs best.
What is wwmw?
cuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017   #6

Fruita, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2014
whitewater machine works.

Whitewater Machine Works - Home Page
T.O.Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017   #7

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
I think they make the best frames available. I have dry boxes from them and built my own frame to replicate their style while. I can't imagine a better frame or dry boxes.
Treswright3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017   #8

Seattle, Washington
Thanks for all the feedback guys! Definitely validating what will likely be my choice of frames
davbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017   #9

Willi..., Willimina, OR
Paddling Since: 68
Made in the USA as well

Soooo, Money spent on a Recretec frame rolls around in the US economy and is NOT going to the communist Asian behemoth. So, Recretec gets my vote.
Old 03-04-2018   #10

Clinton, Montana
I've got two

My first Recretec rig was for my 14' boat. The works with two dryboxes, captains boxes, adjustable footbar and adjustable sliding seat which makes it so my tiny wife can row. Had it for a couple of years and realized it would be an awesome fishing rig too. I had Timmy build me an anchor system, front and rear angler seat mounts and shorter side rails and I've got myself a badass fishing setup for 3. Loved it so much, I had him build me a two person super light frame for my Puma. Honestly, I think Recretec is the only frame out there that is any different from NRS or all the speedrail NRS knockoffs and at the end of the day they're not all that different in cost.
Jambajay is offline   Reply With Quote