Recco for trailer mods (metal work) - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-27-2015   #1

Niwot, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Recco for trailer mods (metal work)

I'm in need of someone to do some trailer modifications. Mostly metal work. Can someone recommend a place around Boulder/Longmont that does this?

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2015   #2

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Just about any welding or metal fab shop can do it. Your best bet to find the best around might be to ask some of the trailer dealers who they use. I'll bet you'll find one or two frequently mentioned names.

Here in west COS I've used Les Wagner at Wagner Prop Shop for a lot of trailer mods/fixes and other stuff and have been very happy.
duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015   #3

Oregon City, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1999
Another idea you might try is to call one of your local Steel and Aluminum service centers and ask them to refer you to a good fab shop. They know the shops and know what kind of work and specific capabilities each shop they sell to have, so if you need laser work or bending etc. they will know who has a great reputation.

Steve
stevem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2015   #4

Denver, Colorado
Call Redneck Trailer supply
(303) 702-1799
and ask them. I recently bought some hubs for a trailer and there was a guy in there that they all knew that makes custom trailers. He makes some for raft companies, etc.
I talked to him but lost his card, he said he does side work or refers it to one of his guys to do side work if it's not a big job.
They might also know of some others, but see who they recommend. Guy I'm talking about had a kid with him, think it was his son, probably 16-20 years old.
jonseim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015   #5

Niwot, Colorado
I'm not having any luck around here (Boulder/Longmont) for finding someone. Any suggestions further out? Superior, Lafayette, etc?
Old 07-28-2015   #6

Oregon City, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1999
Try this link to your local area, maybe one of them can help with your fabrication ideas.

https://www.google.com/search?q=niwo...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Take care,

Steve
stevem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015   #7

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Read_N_Run View Post
I'm not having any luck around here (Boulder/Longmont) for finding someone. Any suggestions further out? Superior, Lafayette, etc?
I've used these guys (Armor Steel). Certified welders on staff. I think Larry was the guy who runs the place:

4870 Pearl St, Boulder, CO 80301
(303) 442-3025
finripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015   #8
Paddling in to the Future

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Read_N_Run View Post
seriously? there has to be people that live in Boulder, and you'd think that some of them would weld for a living. Any welder that can make a living at it, can build a trailer and make modifications to one.
Welding Shops in Boulder, Colorado with Reviews & Ratings - YP.com

a simple search goes a long ways.
Old 07-28-2015   #9

Niwot, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJFry View Post
seriously? there has to be people that live in Boulder, and you'd think that some of them would weld for a living. Any welder that can make a living at it, can build a trailer and make modifications to one.
Welding Shops in Boulder, Colorado with Reviews & Ratings - YP.com

a simple search goes a long ways.
Yes, that's true but I was looking for a personal recommendation. I've seen the gamut on welding and the ability to weld well, combined with the understanding of trailer fabrication seems like a good starting point. I was hoping to avoid wasting time talking to people who mostly do repairs or may not have the materials needed on-site.

But other than the recommendation above, I think I'll have to resort to just going down the list.
Old 08-07-2015   #10

Loveland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2015
Kirby hitch in Loveland or Felker hitch shop in Loveland both have fair prices for custom work.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
wack is online now   Reply With Quote