Raft trailer--transport across country - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-10-2019   #1

Raft trailer--transport across country

I am relocating back to Colorado and have a raft trailer that I'm looking to have shuttled across the country. CT to CO. It is a 1996 CY-CORP roll off raft trailer. I've tried selling it in CT, but there is no demand for that item.

What would you do?

For my move back, I'll be towing a cargo trailer on my SUV, otherwise I'd tow it myself.

nazca210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2019   #2

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Weld a ball on the back of the cargo trailer and tow it behind?
Fly By Night is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019   #3

SLC, Utah
Rent a car with a ball & have a buddy drive it with you?
blueotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2019   #4
Misspellingintothefuture!

Tabernash, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I know what I'd do if it were me, build a box on top of it and fill it with all my stuff for the drive out to Co.
I do realize that not everyone has the knowledge, tools, or ability to do that, maybe you could find a box to go on top of it, or possibly know someone capable of building you a removable storage on top? Might not be so expensive once you figure in the cost of a haul. It is something that can be done, I have helped my dad build several while growing up. Stake bed trailers, he would just drop 2x4 s into the stake pockets, secure them, and build a box around the vertical 2x4 s.
Not every trailer will lend itself well to this, and make sure you don't build something that will come off on the interstate and kill anyone.
Old 02-10-2019   #5

Tres Piedras, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 1979
Can you put one trailer on top of the other? Does cargo mean enclosed?
newpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019   #6
Sponsoring Vendor

Central Point, Oregon
Iíve had customers use uship.com. You place the item on the site with its details and owner/ operators bid. Itís often people looking for items to fill their load.
Whitewater Worthy Equip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019   #7

SLC, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewater Worthy Equip View Post
Iíve had customers use uship.com. You place the item on the site with its details and owner/ operators bid. Itís often people looking for items to fill their load.
Oh Yeah,
Similar to driveaway cars I did back in the 90's. Don't know if it still exists.
People would pay driveaway much less than shipping their car by train. Driveaway would find people like me who needed to get somewhere & would drive the car wherever it (and I) needed to go, no cost except gas.
Once drove a late model convertible beemer from Fla to CA.
Good times...
blueotter is offline   Reply With Quote