Raft Recommendations - Page 4 - Mountain Buzz

Old 1 Week Ago   #31

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbnMike View Post
An AIRE SB130D with oar frame, oars and pump just popped up locally for $2600...
They retail for $4,499. $2600 would be a great deal if any of the original 10-year warranty is left.

Wait, with a frame? If it's at all decent, $2600 is a great deal with or without the warranty.

The D series is a sporty but wetter ride than the R series or Trib boats. Like that Puma you listed earlier, but a bit wider.

Quote:
Would be slow long floats on Class I/II from Delta, CO to Whitewater, CO or through Grand Junction to Loma, CO area.

Looking for a self bailer, and looking to have a frame and camp, as well as fish so ability to be configurable from two guys fishing (work buddies), to two adults (wife and I) and a toddler spending all day or overnight.
Post a link to that 130D, it seems like it would check all the boxes. You'd have some $$ to spare for a cooler, drybox, and trailer.

MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #32

Castle Rock, Colorado
16 Footer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSlaughter View Post
I'm a big believer in 16' boats.
There aren't many places that a 14'er will go, that a 16'er won't. However 16's provide some capacity, comfort, stability that a 14 will not. 18's are overkill for most tasks.

I would hold out for a good deal on a good quality boat, vs a bargain model. Although, I could see buying a bargain boat with a good frame, using it for the short term, then finding a better boat, and swapping out\selling the bargain model.

Good luck, happy boating!!
Ben
Ben is correct. Same rivers, more space.
Sparks1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #33

Western Slope, Colorado
Damn. 13’ Hyside with full kit and gear was listed for $3500.

I had made contact and seller wanted cash only so gathered the wife and went around to ATMs to withdraw as much as we could...

And it sold within hours. Who are you people with $3500 cash on hand on a Friday afternoon after banks close? 😉

Oh well. Wasn’t meant to be.
AbnMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6 Days Ago   #34

FOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 91
If you have online banking most have a service where itís is easy to send money with just a phone number or email.
Critter70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #35
Fuck vertical scope

Craig'merica, !!!
Not a bad deal. Looks like a baffle in the floor is blown but if you're running a frame, cooler, dry boxes and a floor you probably won't notice.
https://santafe.craigslist.org/boa/d...115212060.html
Old 4 Days Ago   #36

Western Slope, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan shmulligan View Post
Not a bad deal. Looks like a baffle in the floor is blown but if you're running a frame, cooler, dry boxes and a floor you probably won't notice.
https://santafe.craigslist.org/boa/d...115212060.html
I saw that. It's on the list.

There's also a Rogue bucket boat for sale that's 15' that's not too far, has equipment.

only found one thread about Rogue rafts though that says they're bomber but heavy.

It's impossible (for me) to sort through all the pages about Rogue river to find anything about the rafts if there's anything out there.

I'm hoping a few will pop up this week. I'm thinking that some folks may have been thinking about selling but wanted another long weekend of rafting.
Old 3 Days Ago   #37
Fuck vertical scope

Craig'merica, !!!
https://rockies.craigslist.org/boa/d...129874256.html

The rogue is my old boat. I don't think the people who bought it used it much. They got it for a Grand trip but went with a 18ft self bailer. They had a drybox built for it too but I'm not sure if that is included. Its a bomber boat and if it includes everything I sold with it then its ready to go.

Rogues are bomber boats and I'm a big fan boy of them. I own a 18ft with a self bailing floor. I'm always on the look out for the 20ft.
Old 3 Days Ago   #38

Western Slope, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan shmulligan View Post
https://rockies.craigslist.org/boa/d...129874256.html

The rogue is my old boat. I don't think the people who bought it used it much. They got it for a Grand trip but went with a 18ft self bailer. They had a drybox built for it too but I'm not sure if that is included. Its a bomber boat and if it includes everything I sold with it then its ready to go.

Rogues are bomber boats and I'm a big fan boy of them. I own a 18ft with a self bailing floor. I'm always on the look out for the 20ft.
Small world. Thanks. I emailed buy haven’t heard back. Do you know if it has thwarts.
Old 3 Days Ago   #39
Fuck vertical scope

Craig'merica, !!!
I cut the thwart knuckles out of it. If you want more pics of it hit me up. I picked it up at the Downriver Equip swap. Never got to talk to the owner, not sure if evergreen river rats was a commercial outfitter or just a club. The boat was in great shape. I originally built it for a friend to run on a Grand trip that I had to cancel.
Old 3 Days Ago   #40

Western Slope, Colorado
I found a 17' Campways bucket boat with frame, oars, gear, and a flat aluminum trailer well within my price range ($1500 less than my cap). Unsure of year but it's pre-Riken.

Seller says "valves are good, military style. It holds air fine through the day but will lose air overnight like most old rafts. The baffles are all intact."

Thoughts?