I have 2 RMR's and couldn't be happier

I have a 125 qu igloo you can have if you decide to start from scratch

noahfecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #12

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1998
This one. Get this one. No association, but what a deal.
NRS 15 ' Raft http://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/59857135
altaholics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13
Fuck vertical scope

Craig'merica, !!!
Don't be afraid of bucket boats. People get all wrapped up in having a self bailer. I'd rather have an old bucket Avon or Rogue then a new PVC self bailer.

Think that 14ft Hyside for 5500 should be in the "worst deals out there" thread. I just sold a NRS Kodiak Cat with two DRE dry boxes and a Canyon cooler, counter balanced ours Grand Canyon ready for 6000$

Theres a older Hyside with frame in the classifieds for 1400$ depending on its condition might be a good start. There's a 16ft Rogue in Durango on Craigslist for 2200$. Its overpriced for a bucket but if you could work a deal it would be an amazing boat. My 16ft Rogue bucket cost me 600$ my 18ft Rogue with a NRS self bailing floor was around 1400$. Just bought a 14 Avon bucket with dry box,cooler oars and frame for 1200$.
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14
firedupnorm

Bend, Oregon
Bucket Boats

I second the bucket boats opinion.Especially for what you want it to do. I bought a really nice older NRS 14 fter for $1700 with frame, oars, straps, cargo floor, cargo net, 105 qt igloo cooler, bowline, throw bag, etc. Just needed to buy a dry box, eco groover set up and fire pan. 100 days on that baby and she's never let me down! 22,000 on Hells Canyon (2 bilge pumps going) to low water Lodore. When not doing overnites i put a couple of swivel seats on the front with a drop bag, 3 Scotty fly rod holders and she's ready for Deschutes trout and steelhead. You could save yourself a few thousand bucks.
nsealing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15

Western Slope, Colorado
That one on KSL went fast.

What about something like this and then later grab a better quality 16’ er?

Or even now there are a few bare 16’ ers in the $2k range and I’d still be under $4k and could probably then sell the Saturn for $500.

Good discussion re: buckets too.

https://denver.craigslist.org/boa/d/...125866902.html
AbnMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #16

Western Slope, Colorado
This is listed here, not sure if it’s available but seems higher than what folks say buckets go for...

https://www.mountainbuzz.com/#/topics/101715
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #17

My buddy just bought that 16 foot hyside. I stopped to check it out this afternoon before I ran slaughterhouse and it is in pretty good shape for its vintage and has a nice older style DRE frame and came with three Carlisle Oars and an older 120 qt cooler. It turns out it pays to pay attention and he got a hell of a deal!
mkashzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #18

Ridgway, Colorado
Don't buy that used Saturn, unless you're planning on taking the plastic directly to the landfill. A $300 seat better at least give me a reach-a-round.

https://rockymountainrafts.com/produ...ackage-sb-140/
rtsideup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #19

Golden, Colorado
lol, yeah, that Saturn deal seems a little suspect and Iíd want better pics of just the raft, too.

Iím no big fan of RMR but allot of folks seem happy with them. Thereís a demo and blem page too. Beats the crapshoot of buying used off of Craigslist,ect.

https://rockymountainrafts.com/demo-blem-boats/

Certainly can get on the water under 5k with them and then just build on it with more gear as money becomes available.
griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #20

Western Slope, Colorado
Thanks.

That Saturn seems tempting due to the gear prices.

If I got it for $1900 there seem to be a fair number of 16’ Aires and others in the $2k range. That’s fully rigged for $4k!