R.A.F.T. water filter? - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-09-2018   #1

Boise, ID
Paddling Since: '99
R.A.F.T. water filter?

Hey, I just inherited this. I already have a big gravity filter. Wondering about this one. I checked with Cascade and they haven't sold it for a long time and don't have spare parts. The ceramic filter is cracked inside the pvc housing. Anyone know where to get a new filter? Anyone use one of these to make something cool? Looks like a person could use it as part of a homemade solar/battery powered filter. Seems like maybe a cool project for someone who wanted to put something together for a GC trip. Anybody want it for spare parts if they are currently using a filter like this one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5238.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	31637  

Conundrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2018   #2

CRG, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1978
I have one of those setups in my garage somewhere. Did have to buy a replacement filter cartridge a while back...
Read the fine print on the broken cartridge, I think it comes from this outfit

Water filter replacement cartridges-for Culligan, US Filter,Ametek,RO,UV manufacturers

the replacement wasn't cheap
However the ceramic cartridge can be cleaned on the river so thats a plus
runnerdoc is offline   Reply With Quote