Pelican Case Question??? - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-03-2013   #1

On The River, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Pelican Case Question???

I am wondering what most of you like to use a larger pelican case for, other than for Camera Gear? I have had a Pelican 1300 case for years on the river and it has been awesome in replacing the old metal 50mil ammo can. I can keep all my odds and ends in it. But I recently got an amazing deal on a storm case i2300 and I'm thinking I could use it for a number of things. Rescue, First Aid, etc...So i thought i would throw this out there on the buzz and see what river runners are using larger cases for primarily. Obviously people will use these for camera gear and video. But I'm thinking other than that.....whatcha think?

DoubleShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013   #2
Boy Howdy!

Colotucky, USA
Paddling Since: 2006
Miscelanius mood enhancers, extra whiskey, groover reading materials, spare firearm, more ammo and a pictue of a naked Bea Auther
Old 12-03-2013   #3

Nosebleed, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
First aid.
funrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013   #4

vancouver, Washington
Paddling Since: 1996
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleShadow View Post
I am wondering what most of you like to use a larger pelican case for, other than for Camera Gear? I have had a Pelican 1300 case for years on the river and it has been awesome in replacing the old metal 50mil ammo can. I can keep all my odds and ends in it. But I recently got an amazing deal on a storm case i2300 and I'm thinking I could use it for a number of things. Rescue, First Aid, etc...So i thought i would throw this out there on the buzz and see what river runners are using larger cases for primarily. Obviously people will use these for camera gear and video. But I'm thinking other than that.....whatcha think?
I use a big pelican 1550 for bread and stuff you don't want damp or crushed. Also use one for a repair box, one for an unpin kit, etc.
I've got about 10 of them
slamkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #5

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Camera, repair kit, First Aid kit.
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #6
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Mine usually carries stupid crap like four cell phones, other people's keys, multiple tubes of sunscreen.

It is nice to have something nearby that is easy to get into, and secure, for small items. The most useful thing I throw in mine is lotion to apply after the Cataract shafts imbed my arms with fibergless.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #7

pocatello, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
I bought a pelican storm 2700. I just can't find a good use for it on a raft. Or anywhere actually. It is a weird big flat size. It was a really good deal, but only if I find a use for it.

It is bigger than any bay on my boats. It would hold way more than I need for a day box. It is too heavy to justify it for bread and other fragile foods.

It could easily hold first aid, repair, electronics, and a ton of other stuff with room left over but the shape of it does not lend itself to my rigging style.

On the other hand I have a smaller pelican (2200?) that I use constantly. It is my captain's box. Perfectly water tight, fits in my frame nicely, opens super fast and holds just what I need.
fiya79 is offline   Reply With Quote