once again, new shit has come to light - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-20-2014   #1
Shapp

the grove, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1986
once again, new shit has come to light

Litterally every winter new "shit" comes to light: SierraRios RAFTS FOR SALE: 13' 14' and 16' self-bailers and catarafts

shappattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2014   #2

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Wow making their own rafts? Can I tour the factory? Make sure you let rocky know what size you want
Old 01-21-2014   #3

Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1990
Now non-profits manufacture and sell rafts? Hmmm?
GC Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2014   #4

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 80's
They look like Vanguards....probably made in same Chinese factory.
HalJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #5

Hi,

Wait, where did I put my checkbook? Gotta get one of those right now before the price doubles!!!

And only a "little threat" of air leaks. Wow, such a deal.

From where I sit, anyone who would send money in response to an ad like this should indeed get what they get (or don't get).

FWIW.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #6

San Juan Islands, Washington
But you'd be buying a boat from the guy who discovered the source of the Amazon.
Bio Sketch Rocky Contos
tomrefried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #7

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrefried View Post
But you'd be buying a boat from the guy who discovered the source of the Amazon.
Bio Sketch Rocky Contos
Save the rivers in Latin America by poisoning the rivers in Southeast Asia
Old 01-21-2014   #8

TV, Idaho
I've seen craigslist ads from this guy.

"...are of comparable quality to Jack's Plastics, Rocky Mountain Rafts, and Tributary."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Tributary (AIRE) and JPW 100% made in USA by the companies themselves?
M3mphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #9

Poundtown, Wokastan
Paddling Since: 420
So what everyone knows turds float! Last year I saw and number of turds out there ripping it up. I have a friend with 5 tough years on his vanguard. Hell I even saw a Baltic last year on the main salmon. The owner claimed to have 4 years on the boat of hard use. I think that these cheap turd boats just piss off those who throw down 6K for a maravia, sotar, or Aire and actually believe that turds are unsafe because they bought in to over priced over build boats hook line and sinker. And at the end of the day, the turd boats will float just fine. Seeing all these turd boats on the water makes me wonder if I will ever consider and "name brand" boat in the future.
dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #10

TV, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbagkayaker View Post
So what everyone knows turds float! Last year I saw and number of turds out there ripping it up. I have a friend with 5 tough years on his vanguard. Hell I even saw a Baltic last year on the main salmon. The owner claimed to have 4 years on the boat of hard use. I think that these cheap turd boats just piss off those who throw down 6K for a maravia, sotar, or Aire and actually believe that turds are unsafe because they bought in to over priced over build boats hook line and sinker. And at the end of the day, the turd boats will float just fine. Seeing all these turd boats on the water makes me wonder if I will ever consider and "name brand" boat in the future.
Good for you. Why do you propose to know what's going on in the minds of complete strangers?
M3mphis is offline   Reply With Quote