older maravia questions. - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-03-2015   #1

crow, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
older maravia questions.

Anyone know older maravia boats?? My guess is its from 90's sometime. Fabric is in great shape and doesn't leak at all. only damage is glue on maravia logo is loose and drop stich floor is kinda stained and dirty. Valves are military and all aluminium. I have looked and there is no id tag of any sort. So any buzzards have a clue. What is this boat made out of pvc or urathane doesn't have coating like newer one??? Is it welded or glued?? D rings look glued but not sure of body construction. Know any products to clean the floor?? Spray on boat cleaner n scrubbing had no effect. Any other info greatly appreciated.

jdebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2015   #2

crow, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
pics

Pics
jdebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015   #3

Walterville, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdebo View Post
My guess is its from 90's sometime.
16 ft and yellow? I have an 1989 Maravia (urethane encapsulated and newer valves) and I would guess the boat you are looking at is a bit older.
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2015   #4

., .
If it's not encapsulated, it's from the 1980's. They also had a serious seam failure in the 80's that just about put them under.
riverdoghenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015   #5

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1976
If I were you I would email your photos and questions to Chris at Maravia. [email protected] He is a Maravia encyclopedia. He can also help you with cleaning products as well as updating valves, etc...
Whetstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015   #6

East MT, WestMT, Both sides of the Yellowstone
Paddling Since: 09
my big boat is a 94. Had a 99 as well. Know of a 80s boat that's still in service. Great boats. As tough as they get. Roll a doobie not your maravia. Military valves must be pre ad2 valves, that's a bonus since ad2's are non existent. And call Chris. Super good support from the repair department over there.
spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015   #7

C. Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdoghenry View Post
If it's not encapsulated, it's from the 1980's. They also had a serious seam failure in the 80's that just about put them under.
I bought an old Maravia once and had several seams fail at the same time. After that experience.....I'd never buy another PVC boat. Once one seam goes....the rest will follow.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015   #8
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
My Maravia is as tough as they come. Early 90s. It was used guiding for about six or seven years on the MF Salmon. That is 13 to 15 trips a year, many at low water more loaded than almost any private trip. I got it in '98 and have done two to four trips a year, with at least one, sometimes two, very low water MF trips every year. I did have to put a new floor in finally, but that was as much that I loaned it someone who aired it up tight and left it in the sun as anything. Add in years of grinding it on the river and it was time.

I did add the C7 valves a couple of years ago as well. I do have a set of AD2s that came out of my boat if someone is short a valve.

Find out the year. Kyle is in the repair department there and is a real straight shooter s well. Maravia rocks.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015   #9

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
My Maravia is as tough as they come. Early 90s. It was used guiding for about six or seven years on the MF Salmon. That is 13 to 15 trips a year, many at low water more loaded than almost any private trip. I got it in '98 and have done two to four trips a year, with at least one, sometimes two, very low water MF trips every year. I did have to put a new floor in finally, but that was as much that I loaned it someone who aired it up tight and left it in the sun as anything. Add in years of grinding it on the river and it was time.

I did add the C7 valves a couple of years ago as well. I do have a set of AD2s that came out of my boat if someone is short a valve.

Find out the year. Kyle is in the repair department there and is a real straight shooter s well. Maravia rocks.

Second the recommendation on Kyle. Rafted Hells Canyon with him last year, he is good people. He did an on-river repair for a trip member who had a slow leak in his cat.
Grifgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015   #10

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1430880416.108012.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	9808

Anyone have any thoughts on this raft? The owner thinks It's an 89-90. Which he thought was pre urethane. Military valves and retrofitted drop stitch floor.

What were they using before the urethane and is it any good? My thought is if it lasted this long it will last much longer.

Any thoughts are welcome. They want $1,400.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
tony is offline   Reply With Quote