I bought a scout from roughly the same time period for my brother. Some things to check based on his boat:
1. Check the seam tape. My Bros was badly frayed in a few places, we cut the frayed pieces off and replaced some of it for a few dollars in materials/glue.
2. The rubber is significantly thinned in places. This makes abrasion a much bigger danger. We patched over a few places as a precaution with some Hypalon.
3. The laces in the floor were rotting and had to be replaced. It wasn't' bad, but I wasn't comfortable with the decreased strength in the materials.
Total cost to get the boat river ready was about $60-70 bucks (discluding glue, which I already had).
Side note, the material used on the bottom of the boat is very thick and strong, It seems like the same material used on the E series.
but can you see its opposition | comes a-rising up sometimes | that it's dreadful and position | comes blacking in my mind | ....and then I see a darkness