NRS Outlaw Cat - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-03-2015   #1

Rainy Northwest, Washington
Paddling Since: 1980
NRS Outlaw Cat

Has anyone run one of these or seen one in person? Seems like a screaming deal. If you want to go off about China, please start your own thread. I get it. Most of my gear and boats are U.S. made.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

swiftwater15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2015   #2

Cave Creek, Arizona
Haven't run one or seen one, but I am sure it is right up there with other budget boats. NRS makes pretty decent stuff.

Though the 13' Outlaw is on sale for $1,116, a 14' RMR cat is only $1,235 (on sale now untill Dec. 30th at $1,050 with free shipping) and you get 2 more years of warranty.

NRS 13' Outlaw Cataraft at nrs.com

2014 14' Cataraft
InflatableSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015   #3

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 4Eva
https://www.riversports.com/nrs-outl...stomer-review/

Here's a review from one of our customers who purchased one.
4CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2015   #4

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
I'm surprised that so little has been said / reviewed about the outlaw boats. I've heard some rumors about the material but I would love to hear more about them from people who own them>
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015   #5

Nye, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
I saw some NRS cool cats for sale too. Real low price. I don't know the difference between cool cats or outlaw cars. But I think the cool cats have a 1 year wannanty and the outlaw has a 3 year Warranty. If NRS isn't comfortable giving a decent warranty, I figure they don't have much faith in the product. A 3 year Warranty isn't too bad for $1100 tubes, but 1 year is sketchy.

Then again my Polaris ranger 900 cane with a 6 month warranty lol. First time in my life I've ever bought an extended warranty. Thank god I did.
Mattchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015   #6

Duluth, Minnesota
Paddling Since: 2007
Our company runs outlaw rafts. So far the only material problem came from dropping one on a sharp metal edge from a guard rail post while getting them down to the river. Other than that they've held up to abuse well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Mountain Buzz mobile app
BrianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015   #7
swimming

Coastal, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1987
Or you could buy USA made tubes with a more sporty shape for around the same money but much tougher fabric.

pro-web

From reading that review it says a 27" rise, that seems a little high for the flatness of that nrs tube.
GreenWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015   #8

Rainy Northwest, Washington
Paddling Since: 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWall View Post
Or you could buy USA made tubes with a more sporty shape for around the same money but much tougher fabric.

pro-web

From reading that review it says a 27" rise, that seems a little high for the flatness of that nrs tube.
Maybe it means 27" from the ground to the tip? What's the denier on the fabric?NRS says the outlaw is 41 oz. 2000 denier.

They look good. US made or US finished? Who is making them? I know some companies that import stuff, finish or assemble it, and call it USA made.

Let me know when you have tubes in stock.
swiftwater15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015   #9
swimming

Coastal, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwater15 View Post
Maybe it means 27" from the ground to the tip? What's the denier on the fabric?NRS says the outlaw is 41 oz. 2000 denier.

They look good. US made or US finished? Who is making them? I know some companies that import stuff, finish or assemble it, and call it USA made.

Let me know when you have tubes in stock.
42oz 2400 denier
Tubes are all made in Oregon and heat welded seams, the material is not made domestically or the steel D-rings.

That is how I measure rise from the ground up to the tip, could just be the photo the NRS may have that rise

The tubes will show as in stock when they are available on the site, I may have a demo set available at some point if you want a set sent up to run.
GreenWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015   #10

Grand Junction, Colorado
I own a 14 foot outlaw raft I love it so far I've ran it at least 40 times this last season with minimal to max crew with a frame I have to say it is very durable my only complaint is cleaning it out the floor is easy to clean if you let some air out but i hate that it can hold shit under it all in all I'am happy with the boat
flipper42 is offline   Reply With Quote