New NRS Hot-Forged Lopros and Oar Towers - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-13-2014   #1

River City, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1995
New NRS Hot-Forged Lopros and Oar Towers

Anyone have experience with the new hot forged, polished aluminum NRS frame hardware? Description says stronger and lighter Lopros and oar towers.

Hot forged Lopros

New oar towers

Anyone seen these up close? And does polished, hot forged aluminum eliminate the frame rub marks of the old cast aluminum hardware?

OregonRafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2014   #2

River City, Oregon
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	7548
Old 01-13-2014   #3

River City, Oregon
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	7549
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2014   #4
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
that is the bees knees.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #5

Searching for water....., Idaho
Looks Good. I think I will try a set of those towers. Probably not worth replacing all the low pro's but stronger lighter towers would be nice. With a nylon sleeve I will go back to the atomic oarlocks which I liked before they destroyed my previous towers (too hard).
Pinned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #6

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
I knew they were working on these, but hadn't seen them yet. I contacted them when the 10 inch towers disappeared from their website. Those look pretty cool. Might have to get a set. I also will need one more cross bar for my raft frame. I wonder if I can get one with the new Lo Pros ?
Old 01-13-2014   #7

River City, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
I knew they were working on these, but hadn't seen them yet. I contacted them when the 10 inch towers disappeared from their website. Those look pretty cool. Might have to get a set. I also will need one more cross bar for my raft frame. I wonder if I can get one with the new Lo Pros ?
I bet they are going to try to sell off the old cast Aluminum fittings before they make the new hot forged fitting standard with all frames and frame accessories. But it might be worth a call to NRS.
Old 01-14-2014   #8

Sandy, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonRafter View Post
I bet they are going to try to sell off the old cast Aluminum fittings before they make the new hot forged fitting standard with all frames and frame accessories. But it might be worth a call to NRS.
The price is the same, so I'm guessing that you can request the new ones instead of the old ones. I'll ask them.
Old 01-14-2014   #9

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Very interesting.... Those look nice, and the 10" might be tall enough for the raft. I wouldn't mind moving away from the DRE towers that I do have, if they are tall enough. I'm looking forward to first hand visual reports.
Old 01-14-2014   #10

Sandy, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post
Very interesting.... Those look nice, and the 10" might be tall enough for the raft. I wouldn't mind moving away from the DRE towers that I do have, if they are tall enough. I'm looking forward to first hand visual reports.
I've been using the DRE type on my cataraft for awhile, and the old version NRS 10 inch on my small raft. I like the NRS because they are easier to remove or reposition. I should just take the towers off my little raft to use on the bigger raft, but I'd rather just get a second set......and besides they're cool looking.