Need splash jacket with neoprene & velcro waist (for rafting) - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting > Rafting | Gear Talk

Old 03-28-2010   #1

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Need splash jacket with neoprene & velcro waist (for rafting)

I'm ready to hang up my old splash top and can't find one with a neoprene and velcro waist band like my old Stohlquist. It seems like manufacturers are moving to a drawstring waist.

Can anyone recommend a splash top with Neoprene/Velcro waist, wrist, and neck closures? I don't need latex gaskets, a breathable fabric would be a plus.

Thanks!

-AH

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Andy, I've got an old rainbow designs splash top that i haven't worn since '95. It is built as you describe. you are welcome to try it out. I use a 12 year old dry top for the purpose you describe. Gaskets are super loose and comfy.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010   #3

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Thanks Dave! I'm up for checking it out. I'm not only looking for myself but also for Christine - the water proofing on the inside of both of ours is starting to peel off and they're more like "damp-and-clammy-tops" than what we'd like to have. I'll contact you offline about the Rainbow Designs top - if it fits you, don't you think it would be a bit baggy on me? After all, you're not only the kind of guy that we can all look up to, but we have to take a step just to look around you as well!

If anyone knows who makes splash top with neoprene neck, wrist, and waist closures but no latex gaskets, please chime in. I'm actually on the market for some new gear as the season gets underway.

Thanks,

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010   #4

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Hey Andy... check these out, his and her versions:
Extrasport X-Treme Armor Spash Jacket (For Men) - Save 65%

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/4...For-Women.html

I have an on-line coupon for 25% as well. I'm about to place an order and can add to it if anything is to your liking. Save on shipping.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #5

Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 82
Bomber gear has some tops on Ebay for 180.00, no larges at that price though. His tops have neoprene over latex, and are breathable. I bought one for the wife and she seems to like it. You could trim the latex back and have a sweet top.
CB Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #6

Colo Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaciag View Post
Hey Andy... check these out, his and her versions:
Extrasport X-Treme Armor Spash Jacket (For Men) - Save 65%

Extrasport X-Treme Armor Splash Jacket (For Women) - Save 66%

I have an on-line coupon for 25% as well. I'm about to place an order and can add to it if anything is to your liking. Save on shipping.
I bought the jacket & pants for my wife. She likes them a lot.

David
David L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #7

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
David,

Thanks for the input. I may get them.

Have fun on the GC - tell Blair and Terri I said hi and that I really wish I could've come along. Glad that it worked out for you!

-AH

Tags
rafting, splash jacket, splash top