Mountain Buzz banner

Naming your Raft

31K views 95 replies 73 participants last post by  Flaco 
#1 ·
Does anyone else name their rafts?
Mine are Green Machine and Dandelion Wine.

I was thinking about painting their names on but didn't want to screw it up. I would get it stenciled, or even pay to have it done.

They are Urethane coated Maravias. Has anyone had any success with painting them?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

#5 ·
My boat is the "Blue Heron". The fist was the "Kayenta Queen" and the person I sold it called it the KQ II. I haven't painter them either but remember hearing about a guy using latex caulk. Not sure what he used for coloring.

#6 ·
If you're in the Denver area, check out whitewater inflatable technologies! Zach and his shop do lots of logos for big companies and he couldn't be a better guy to work with.
303-922-3111
Ours was the Red Hot Chile Pepper and we're still working on a name for our new orange boat!

#16 ·
Everyone should name their boats, Here are a few of my boats names and my buddies

Ship of Fools- named after the grateful dead song,my first boat and yes, we were drunken fools on it
El Luchador- My current 13' Sotar
Banana Slammer- my buddies yellow 14' Cat
Mr. Chubbs- A big Jacks plastic Cat with big tubes and stubby blunt ends
Fluffy- A 15' raft owned by a grown man with pet cats
Tacoma- my buddy bought it out of tacoma washington
Ralf-Raft- my buddies boat that he puked off the first day on it
The Dirty Oars- a female friend of ours boat
Red Hot Mama'- a red paddle board named after the WSP song
Wave Raper- My buddy tried to name his boat this but his wife did not think it was as funny as we did, the boat is now names "Gandalf the Grey"

#20 ·
Ha! My 1992 10'5" NRS Otter is also called Patches as it had major sun damage and is now mostly covered in System Six Urethane along with a half dozen or so other random patches. It holds air pretty well now but still needs to be topped off once or twice a day but air is free.

Attachments

#18 ·
A good friend's 13' Riken is the Fat Bastard. Another boating companion named his boat the Greyhound, named for his favorite drink, not the dog. I watched the Greyhound flip in Skull because the captain drank too many greyhounds!

#19 ·
We have a 13.5' Aire boat that we named "Miss Frizzle" (my bf wouldn't let me name it the magic school bus

16' Cat is "The Ledge-runner" we ran some ledges in Cat

New 15' boat is "Liquid Jigglez" this was after imbibing in some jello shots and discussing the merits of why "Jello" should be called something different.

#28 ·
Some of my boats have names. I too use a sharpie to keep the names on them, with the exception of my power boat, Blue Dream. The first Avon we bought was named Old Grey Mare by my niece. A boat we bought from AW is named Grey Eagle, because it came with a drawing of an eagle on the front. Our green Mini Mee is called the pickle. The 16' Avon in my Avatar is named Marge. Large Marge the river barge. Some boats like the Vanguard and Revolution never did get named. Too many boats.....not enough name calling I guess.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.