MyFastEddy - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-15-2015   #1

Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 1992
MyFastEddy

Just heard about these boats the other day when I bought a raffle ticket for one with a trailer (I'm in it for the trailer, tbh). I hadn't heard of them before, but apparently they're made by JPW, and they have a removable SUP floor...

Anybody have any experience with them? Having the JPW name attached certainly seems like a good thing, but the removable floor is just...odd to me.

My Fast Eddy - The world's first inflatable raft with a rigid and removable sup floor.

seantana is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2015   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
That is a pretty cool idea if it performs reasonably well...two toys in one ..wonder how the floor/sup attaches to the raft tube part....
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015   #3

Missoula, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayo 2 View Post
That is a pretty cool idea if it performs reasonably well...two toys in one ..wonder how the floor/sup attaches to the raft tube part....
That's what I'm curious about. I also wonder how the main tube responds without the floor, I could see hanging a net or something in the middle for a water hammock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2015   #4

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Makes sense. Paddleboard at right pressure is extremely rigid. I am surprised more things are not made with drop-stitch construction. Sea Eagle makes a inflatable kayak with drip stitch: https://www.seaeagle.com/RazorLite. I would put money on seeing this more and more through out water sports industry. My coworker wants to make a floating dock system out of drop-stitch for his pond.
SteamboatBORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015   #5

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
If it is made by JPW you can count on it being quality stuff. The floor; I'm a newb to round rafts so no one should take this as credible, but I rented an outlaw this spring and was unimpressed by the "attached drop stitch floor" I will have to run some more round boats to compare with.
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015   #6

Bismarck, North Dakota
Paddling Since: 2012
I didn't see anywhere on their site where it says the floor is removable. Wouldn't that be just a drop stitch floor? No doubt if jpw is involved it has to be good stuff.
Old 07-16-2015   #7

Charleston, West Virginny
Paddling Since: 1996
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamboatBORN View Post
Makes sense. Paddleboard at right pressure is extremely rigid. I am surprised more things are not made with drop-stitch construction. Sea Eagle makes a inflatable kayak with drip stitch: https://www.seaeagle.com/RazorLite. I would put money on seeing this more and more through out water sports industry. My coworker wants to make a floating dock system out of drop-stitch for his pond.

Yeah the NRS pike does too...making both great fishing IKs (but makes whitewater handling suffer). I can stand and fish in my SE easily althought the floor isn't SUPable, I've tried.

It's a neat boat, but pricey....but you could buy a mini-max and a SUP and save $700-$1000.
2kanzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015   #8

Missoula, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyphsyco View Post
I didn't see anywhere on their site where it says the floor is removable. Wouldn't that be just a drop stitch floor? No doubt if jpw is involved it has to be good stuff.
http://www.myfasteddy.com/wp-content...P_1920x757.jpg

The only info I can find on these guys is their own website, and a couple random internet posts by the owner a year or more ago. My google-fu isn't showing me anyone who owns one, and the only youtube video I can find is of the company guys fishing out of it, but they don't even show the boat worth a damn. I'm starting to wonder if they had JPW make a couple prototypes and then folded, and the one that I have a raffle ticket for is them trying to write it off. Very curious.