Multi-outlet Propane Hose - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-11-2013   #1

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Multi-outlet Propane Hose

Any advice on what's best for a propane hose for two stoves and maybe a blaster?

I see several options with google search, but I'm not sure if any are better or pretty much all the same. I guess another option would be to go to one of the propane outlets and build your own.

The NRS one looks nice but is more expensive and maybe the same?:

Primus Propane Distribution Stand at nrs.com

This Stansport one looks much simpler and less expensive:

Amazon.com: Stansport 3 Outlet Propane Distribution Post: Sports & Outdoors

Or a Coleman one from Wally World:
Coleman 30-Inch Distribution Tree, Propane Distribution Tree, Propane Tank Tree, Distribution Tree

Then there's this thread about different BTU ratings for different hose attachments and splitters, post #15:

https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...e-33819-2.html

Suffice it to say I need some experienced advice here. Thx.

- Jon

duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013   #2
I'm right 50% of the time

RFV, CO
Paddling Since: 1977
I have 2 distribution posts. The first is a Century single 32" post. It has served me well over the last decade with a steel 10lb tank. When I purchased a 5Lb tank a few years ago, I got a Mr.Heater 2 piece post.

Benefits to each. They both allow connections to 2 auxiliary devices via "thowaway" connectors and a lantern mount. The Century unit has a way better mount system, as it slides over the handle rail of the tank and is connected with a hand turn connection at the tank via a flexible hose. But it is to big to fit in my little boat as it does not breakdown. The Mr.Heater unit has a weaker attachment point and one must use a wrench to attach it properly. It does break down and fits nicely in the kitchen box.

After looking at a few on the market, Century now makes one that does break down and has the better mount. The price is pretty good to. The way this unit mounts is better because it does not stress the valve on the tank. The connection to the tank is also easier due to the hand turn attachment.

LINK: Century Two-Piece 18-30" Type 1 Safety Post with Bag

If you need to add yet another connector to the post, you could use an adapter like this.

LINK: Marshall Add-A-Tee Adapter
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #3

RFV, CO
Another T adapter that would work well with the Century Post.

LINK: Acme Extend-A-Flow Tee Adapter

You could run the blaster from the "throw away" connector on this adapter, and then run your 2 stoves off the connectors low on the post and still have a lantern on the top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013   #4

Gardnerville, Nevada
Paddling Since: 00
not to hijack this too much, but what I've been looking for is an adaptor, or a hose, with the male end that goes directly into the 2 burner stove (coleman, stansport, etc) where the stupid copper tube normally would go. I hate the copper tube, it's just waiting to get lost or broken..... besides I hardly ever use the little 1lb(?) propane bottles.
Thanks and sorry for the hijack....
Old 12-11-2013   #5

RFV, CO
Your looking for a regulator assembly like R430B565T part #3, but flexible? I have that part, but not sure where it came from or where I bought it. My Coleman 2 burner is very old (like 1990) and when I bought it used at a garage sale, it did not have the regulator assembly. I may have called Coleman and ordered it from them.
Old 12-11-2013   #6

Gardnerville, Nevada
Paddling Since: 00
Thanks.
yep #3 brendo, that's what I'm looking for, but either in a flexible tube, or an adaptor to screw into the stove that lets me screw the hose into it. I just know that one day the stupid little tube (regulator assy) is bound to break. Although with all the spare valve parts, t-adaptors etc I have bought over the years I should have just bought a partner stove. However the combo of a cheap (light) coleman 2-burner and a woodland stove have been working strong for lots of years now.
Old 12-11-2013   #7

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by oarframe View Post
Thanks.
yep #3 brendo, that's what I'm looking for, but either in a flexible tube, or an adaptor to screw into the stove that lets me screw the hose into it. I just know that one day the stupid little tube (regulator assy) is bound to break. Although with all the spare valve parts, t-adaptors etc I have bought over the years I should have just bought a partner stove. However the combo of a cheap (light) coleman 2-burner and a woodland stove have been working strong for lots of years now.
I wouldn't sweat it those things are pretty reliable.

anyhow if it does happen you should always have your partner stove as cooking backup and a campfire as an emergency backup
Old 12-11-2013   #8

Newberg, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by oarframe View Post
not to hijack this too much, but what I've been looking for is an adaptor, or a hose, with the male end that goes directly into the 2 burner stove (coleman, stansport, etc) where the stupid copper tube normally would go. I hate the copper tube, it's just waiting to get lost or broken..... besides I hardly ever use the little 1lb(?) propane bottles.
Thanks and sorry for the hijack....
Same here, I hate the tube only because the thing takes up to much space on the table. A short 90 style would work great. We use a 4 burner partner for the main stove and the Coleman just for coffee. A king cooker (blaster) for water heating. We use three propane tanks for the set up. It would take some long hoses to do this with one tank! The blaster hates any wind so it always sheltered away from the traffic flow in the kitchen. Let me know if someone finds a 90 connection for the Coleman.
jpbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #9

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Now that my post has been completely hijacked....

Thanks Brendo. I need to spend some time looking at the various connections etc. b/c I don't understand much of your post yet. Appreciate the help though.

Any thoughts about the ones linked in my OP?
duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #10
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by duct tape View Post
Now that my post has been completely hijacked....

Thanks Brendo. I need to spend some time looking at the various connections etc. b/c I don't understand much of your post yet. Appreciate the help though.

Any thoughts about the ones linked in my OP?
The problem with the distribution posts is it only allows attachment of hoses that would screw onto disposable green bottles (not sure about that Primus one though). The blaster stoves all have the large threads that fit directly to the tank. I use a splitter with one side the blaster fitting and the other fits a hose with the smaller bottle threads. The distribution post was intended to have a lantern on top. I never bring a lantern anymore now that everyone has a headlamp.

As far as the Coleman regulator, mine has lasted 14 years so far. I have needed to replace the o-ring in the end of it and now carry a few spares and a dental pick to remove the old one when it starts to leak.
Gremlin is online now   Reply With Quote