maravia floor repair - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-12-2015   #1

Cleveland, Tennessee
Paddling Since: 2015
maravia floor repair

Hi, I have searched and read a lot on here about the maravia floor but havent found what Im needing to know. My floor is leaking where the top and bottom are put together is there a way or a glue that will fix this? or at least attempt. This is the only leak I have left to fix. Is it as simple as pulling the to parts back and filling it with glue, or I am I just dreaming.

wes01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2015   #2
Sponsoring Vendors

Paddling Since: 1994
When you say "where the top and bottom come together" what exactly do you mean? I would take this as bubbling out from between the two layers at the edge of the floor. Or, is it leaking out of the grommets? Is it leaking on top where the inflatable part stops and the grommet strip begins? The repairs can be quite different so to give you better advice i need a better explanation, pictures with bubbles at the origin would be better. If it is leaking out from between the two layers at the edge of the floor, excuse me for asking as you have provided adequate info.
Old 07-16-2015   #3

Cleveland, Tennessee
Zach, Yes, It is leaking from between the two layers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2015   #4

Bazzaro, Free
Paddling Since: 2020
Been there done that. I even went as far a removing all the grommets and cleaning and gluing the two pieces together. I even made the stupid call to use raft smith latex in the floor. I even painted the top and bottom with urethane paint. And from my point of view "your not going to fix your floor." I just went with a soft floor all the time until I bought a new one. wasted $400 trying to fix my floor. Wish I had better news.
dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015   #5

Cleveland, Tennessee
thats what im thinking to. were just using it for fishing and it stays about 1/2 inflated. still usable in the shape its in. I got the frame made and it supports the weight not the floor.
Old 07-16-2015   #6
Sponsoring Vendors

Paddling Since: 1994
The interior seam tape has been compromised in one spot or many. To fix the floor you need to find the weakness and reattach it from the inside. As mentioned, gluing the outsides together will not fix the leaks. Sometimes it is obvious where the weakness is by a bulge in the otherwise clean line that is created by the inflated portion of the floor. If you can find the weakness the repair isnt terrible assuming it is just one spot. If it isnt obvious or there are multiple spots that are failing, the repair could be a mission impossible scenario and you may be better off ordering up a new floor from Maravia.
Old 07-16-2015   #7

Cleveland, Tennessee
I will check it this weekend and see what i find, I know the other day it was one spot that was bubbling, but being in the water i couldnt check it very well.
Old 07-16-2015   #8

Bazzaro, Free
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes01 View Post
thats what im thinking to. were just using it for fishing and it stays about 1/2 inflated. still usable in the shape its in. I got the frame made and it supports the weight not the floor.
Ever think about a drop floor for the fisherman?
Old 07-16-2015   #9

Cleveland, Tennessee
well, If I knew what that was I would consider it
Old 07-16-2015   #10

Bazzaro, Free
Basically you cut a piece of ply wood to the shape of the floor and then you suspend it up a couple inches using straps that run over the tubes to the d rings. Some people then put their gear on the drop floor so their gear is up off the floor. I wish I could find a pic.

But I think that if the floor is an issue you can't live with and you think the tubes will go for awhile, then I'd just buy a new floor. I found a new one for $800 at Maravia 3 years ago.